276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revenge of the Librarians: Cartoons by Tom Gauld

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pour reprendre cette idée maintes fois soulevée ; il m'aurait peut-être fallut ralentir ma lecture pour mieux laisser respirer l’œuvre. La lecture d'une planche par jour aurait probablement amélioré mon expérience. Cyn is sure nothing can, until the drama-loving demon pops up wanting to write the next broadway musical!

Revenge of the Librarians: Tom Gauld: 9781838858216 - Hive Revenge of the Librarians: Tom Gauld: 9781838858216 - Hive

Overall, this book didn't seem to have the fun, campy atmosphere the first one did. I debated DNFing; however, I was curious about the ending. If there is another book, I doubt I'll be reading it. As for the comics... they're cute, and the illustrations are reminiscent of a colorful, less crudely done version of "xkcd." Many of them have jokes that book aficionados will love, and anyone who's ever struggled with trying to write a book will identify with. It knows its audience and caters heavily to it, which is in no way a bad thing.I hated Jules so much. Like urhh. She reminds me of the Jules from TVD for some reason - just a pure b**ch. I hated the way she acted like she owned Ryan just because she knew himj longer and rubbed it in Cyns face. I steal a bite of syrup from waffle from Ryan's plate (thats right Jules, because hes my boyfriend and I can eat off his plate anytime I want)"

Revenge of the Librarians by Tom Gauld | Waterstones

Perfect amount of horror to make things creepy at times but not overly scary and not overly done. Also a bit of a nice romantic touch involving Cyn and Peter and Cyn and Ryan. I'm the New York Times best-selling author of 50 books for young readers for all ages, including the award-winning picture book Library Lion, which was selected by Time magazine as one of the 100 Best Children's Books of All Time. My other books include the picture book Marilyn's Monster (one of NPR's Best Books of 2015) and the novels The Dragon of Trelian (VOYA Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers) and Evil Librarian (YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults and winner of the Sid Fleischman Award for Humor). Upcoming books include a new picture book with the wonderful Kevin Hawkes (2024) and a new middle grade fantasy novel (2025). Gauld comes up with some ingenious bits like generators for eccentric families for novelists to write about and thriller concepts that work really well. The “choose your own adventure”-style strips are fun, as is the Great Book Festival Race board game and the maze puzzle for helping a new book find its place in the market. The infographics (My Reading Year) are brilliant and amusing - some of these non-traditional strips were among the best in the book. A Fuse #8 Production Jane Mount Makes Good Interviews: A Discussion With the Creator of Books Make Good FriendsComplicating matters is the attractive play writer, for the new production Cyn is assigned as the set designer, just happens to be a demon!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment