276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times in Television

£9.96£19.92Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Filled with wry observation and self-deprecating humour, this is Louis at his most insightful and honest best. In a 2012 masterclass, he spoke of the challenges of combining family life with the need to work on projects. Our Adult Fiction Books, Range includes Classics Novels, Comic Books, Crime, Thriller, Mystery Novels, General Fiction, Horror, Romance, Science Fiction and War. Theroux the Keyhole is an honest, hilarious and ultimately heartwarming diary of the weirdness of family life in Covid World.

The New Yorker described Theroux's work as "a piercingly humane, slyly funny guide through the funkier passages of American culture".Now he revisits America and the people who have most fascinated him to try to discover what motivates them, why they believe the things they believe, and to find out what has happened to them since he last saw them. The majority of his documentaries are set in the United States, but he has also studied cultures in South Africa, Israel, Nigeria, and the UK.

Theroux moved with his family to England when he was one year old, and was raised in the Catford area of south London.

Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

Theroux describes his first assignment: "The Klu Klux Klan were trying desperately hard to repackage themselves and make themselves seem cuddly and nice, but inevitably they left out racist stickers or hate filled T-shirts. My previous book with Pan Macmillan Gotta Get Theroux This took a wide-angle look at my life and career so far. As someone who bizarrely discovered Louis through his Podcast series I hadn’t much watched his documentaries. There, he befriended comedians Adam Buxton and Joe Cornish, [14] and future Liberal Democrat leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, with whom he travelled to America. I had forgotten many of the documentaries (although a few had stayed very firmly in my head) and I think I got more from the book with the programmes still fresh in my mind.Despite Louis best attempts to neg his own book in the final chapter I would still give this a 10/10! I did menial work to make money and spent two months with a glass blower who made unbelievably tasteless gilded cherub goblets. It premiered at the London Film Festival in 2015 and was released in cinemas in the UK on 7 October 2016.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment