276°
Posted 20 hours ago

This Blood that Binds Us (1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Blood may connect you biologically, but the threads of the family are woven by the moments you share.” Something akin to excitement flared to life inside Wilbur and he disentangled himself from around Phil to stand shoulder to shoulder with him. Wilbur’s hands shook just like the night he first played his guitar, the most primal of his daydreams unfolding before him. He felt powerful standing over the man, drinking in the unbridled terror like a parched man to water. This is where he was meant to be. Friends are the heartbeat of our chosen family, intertwining lives with a connection as strong as blood.” Be careful, Wilbur. The Hunters say there's more out there and that people should stay inside. It's late. People are disappearing, Wilbur." Something in His chest twisted over the fact she cared. He smirked, keeping his gaze soft. PDF / EPUB File Name: The_Blood_That_Binds_Us_-_Erin_Mainord.pdf, The_Blood_That_Binds_Us_-_Erin_Mainord.epub

The Blood That Binds Us, @erinmainordauthor’s debut novel is everything! I was consumed by this story as it kept me reading late into the midnight hours. I believe the characters had some amazing development, especially when it came to a certain devastatingly handsome, Dark Art. I believe he grew the most throughout the story. I loved Wren as our FMC. The strength and power she possesses makes her such a threat and she wears that with pride. I respect her greatly for that, knowing how much she had been through. You could really feel how each character felt while only reading through 1 point of view. I found that fascinating! This is my second book I've read of Tuli's and I will say it again, her prose is stunning. Her descriptions and use of imagery create beautiful images, and her cadence is effortless to read. Overall I have to say the story was captivating. For a debut novel she did a really great job. This book is about a war between Legion and Kingdom with a subplot of discrimination between those who are transcendent (can shift into beasts) and those who are not. The FMC Wren (a rare blood witch) has more power than she thinks she can handle and spends her life suppressing her magic to keep herself safe. When she falls into the chains of Legion and is used as a pawn in their war she takes matters into her own hands making a deal with the Kingdom and a ruler she never wanted to side with.Our blood relations are the living embodiment of our past, present, and the legacy we leave for the future.”

The beauty of family is that it extends beyond genetics; it’s the connections that resonate on a deeper level.” And that’s the only reason I haven’t killed you yet. Now unless you want to be plagued with filthy thoughts about me, witch, I suggest you turn around so I can dress. It’s your turn to bathe—you stink.” the dynamic between the four brothers, luke, zach, aaron, and presley, was great and i really enjoyed reading about it. at times, i did feel that the three older brothers were a bit overwhelming. the author posted on tiktok about how luke and zach were the over-protective brothers and aaron was a big cinnamon-roll. i felt like it was too much in some areas. like the author was trying really hard to make them fit those characterizations and ended up making luke and zach over-protective in areas that other characters didn’t even need protection and aaron an overly-spiced cinnamon-roll that made him seem immature. (hopefully everyone understands what i’m trying to get across.) again, this was in some scenes and not throughout the entire book. Romance? No. If you want a slow burn that burns so slow you don't get a kiss - even in the epilogue - then sure. But there is no actual romance or love in this story. She grabs his wrist and that's about it. Even their final "proclamation" of love is FILLED with the word "hypothetical," and I mean that literally.I recommend this book to anyone who will listen lol but please heed the warnings. They were tame for me, but everyone is different. Good, then they'll know you're mine. Wren-what a pretty name. Let's see if you sing like one too."…. This dark romantic fantasy has amazing characters, a true morally grey MMC, fierce enemies to lovers, forced proximity, witches, mages, and magical shifters referred to as transcendents. Lor is an admirable heroine, and Tuli does a great job making all the tributes feel like unique characters and not copy and paste replicas of one another. Widen your stance." I obey, walking my feet out so I'm spread a little farther. "Someone could hear us," I say, looking at the guards chortling with each other as they make their rounds beneath us.

Aaron! Is! The! Bestest! Boy!!!! I love this brotherly dynamic in this book. This is without a doubt the least toxically masculine group of vampires I’ve ever read. (I know we have to be careful of the potential antisemitism in vampire lore but I feel this was super well done and flips the initial concept of vampires on its head (although I am not Jewish so I absolutely cannot speak for the community but it was something I keep in mind when reading vampire stories)). Off topic, but if vampires can only be turned through The Family's blood, then how was William and the rest of his murderous anti-vampire squad turned? Their goal is to rid the planet of the evil of The Family but isn't the call coming from inside the house? It's also very possible in their monologuing toward the end I missed some explanation as I sped-read through it in the middle of Texas Roadhouse while waiting to be seated so I could mark this book as finished. Truthfully, Zach and Luke would've been more interesting if they had done some culty shit like it's hinted at, except the Calem brothers are all uwu boys who survive off their undefying brotherly love for one another so they can't outright do anything bad because it would take away from their golden retriever vibes. This just came to mind that I'm still confused about, but William mentioned that it was never Kimberly he was after, but rather Aaron and his brothers. I can accept this because as far as interesting main characters go, there isn't anything about Kimberly that would make William go feral over ala Bella Swan and James. But if that's true, then why would he bite her after the frat party without taking any blood, then proceed to steal her purse? I feel like that Charlie Day meme from It's Always Sunny as I try to make sense of these plot points that just make no sense.

I really enjoyed this sequel. It has some of my favorite tropes (enemies-to-lovers, slow burn, pretend plaything) and I loved Nadir.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment