276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mr Penguin and the Lost Treasure: Book 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With the help of local children and the Haus of Strudel the adventurers try to discover the mystery of the missing hamsters with much frivolity, misinterpretation and slapstick along the way. In this Indiana Jones inspired character, children of all ages will enjoy the cute illustrations and quirky adventures of Mr. Ms Bones is desperate to find the treasure that her great-great-great-grandfather buried somewhere in the museum and Mr Penguin is sure he can help her. Mr Penguin, Colin, Edith, and Gordon are saving a rock that belongs in the museum from some shifty characters. Mister penguin is a very likeable protagonist and the plot is fun if a little derivative (cough demon headmaster cough).

Penguin Books UK | Official Website Penguin Books UK | Official Website

Mr Penguin is an Adventurer, and after placing an advert for his services in the newspaper, he is delighted when he is contacted by Miss Boudicca Bones. It made me wonder if it would all be good in the end, it hypnotised me, it made me laugh, smile, giggle, and I was just delighted to see it all tie together. Sein erster Fall führt ihn ins Museum, wo er bei der Suche nach einem verschollenen Schatz helfen soll. This book is reasonably funny, charming, imaginative and well written, but doesn't really excel on any of those criteria.The illustrations are just wonderful with their black, grey, white and orange Penguin tones throughout adding a distinctive style that is at once refreshing yet familiar, and not just through the references to Indiana Jones ("It belongs in a museum! It would be perfectly fine to start the series here, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for how neatly and elegantly and amusingly Mr. Mr Penguin is most entertaining to adventure with, especially with his idealistic views of adventuring that get shattered by his first case. Smith is an English author and illustrator of children's books, including Primrose, Egg, Ella, and the Claude book series.

Mr Penguin and the Lost Treasure by Alex T. Smith - Waterstones

Penguin has is comrades Edith and Gordon the pigeon and his best friend and partner in crime Colin the spider who has Kung fu fight skills. Penguin and his friends Colin the spider, Edith and Gordon the pigeon are trying to keep a rock/gem safe from a trio of baddies.I didn't really understand the point of the old lady sidekick but maybe she had a more prominent role in the first outing and/or in subsequent books. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. The drawings illustrate what's going on in the story, so they are both amusing in their own right and helpful in understanding and following the action. With short chapters, clear text and comical black-and-orange illustrations, this rip-roaring adventure will be a big hit with newly independent readers who are looking for more challenging stories.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment