276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Can You Get Rainbows in Space?: A Colourful Compendium of Space and Science

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I heard this lady on the radio so bought this book for grandsons birthday to go with other gifts, I wish I’d kept it myself first but I’m sure I’ll be able to read it in the near future, never to old to learn.

You'll find out how some animals are able to glow in the dark and how others change their colours to hide from predators.

Dancing through the colours of the rainbow (and beyond, through black, white, fluorescence, infrared and ultraviolet), each section explains how we see that particular colour and explores nature linked to it, including how some animals can see in the dark. Dr Sheila Kanani MBE is a British astronomer and is the Education, Outreach and Diversity Officer at the Royal Astronomical Society and is dedicated to improving the representation of girls and women in physics. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). She loves reading, baking, visiting her beach hut and Wallace and Gromit; seeking out every opportunity to combine them wherever possible!

Full of entertaining and memorable well – explained facts presented in well designed pages – loads of fun for children who like to know about their world. Mae’r llyfr ffeithiol hwn wedi’i ddarlunio’n hyfryd mewn lliw llawn drwyddo draw, ac mae’n hynod gyfeillgar a deniadol. Established in 2004, CI's mission is to simplify the process of sourcing artists by offering commissioners a highly comprehensive and inspirational directory of portfolios. Designed to get young scientists excited about outer space as well as the Earth they live on, this vibrant book packed with exquisite illustrations will draw in readers from as young as 7, but adults alike are sure to find themselves wowed by some fascinating facts.We’ll talk about light (the most important thing) and waves (not the kind you see at the beach – though you will learn why the sea looks blue! Both Sheila Kanani and the illustrator Liz Kay are to be congratulated on producing such an absorbing and enjoyable read. Can You Get Rainbows in Space is a beautifully bright and scientific non-fiction epic book with all you ever wanted to know about light and colour, explaining just how we get to view the world in so many glorious shades. I would recommend this book as part of a library, or in the book corner, for children to pick up and become engrossed in. Not only is the scientific information broken down into manageable chunks, but various facts about the different colours are clearly laid out in text boxes or similar.

Ross Welford introduces Time Travelling with a Tortoise, the sequel to Time Travelling with a Hamster, and a whole new time travel adventure! I could not believe how many of my questions were being clearly answered as I read through the book. Each colour of the rainbow has its own section with pages and pages focused on the science, history, cultural meaning , natural occurrences and use of the colour throughout time. By the time I had finished reading the Introduction I had already learned about visible light, light from the sun, waves and colour blindness. This is followed by more information on other aspects linked to the colour such as why the seas are blue or why leaves turn orange in Autumn.It continues beyond the rainbow too with infrared and ultraviolet light, luminesce and fluorescence, those parts of the spectrum that are invisible to the human eye.

And you'll even be taught by a real astronomer, Dr Sheila Kanani, exactly how to make a rainbow - in space. Beautifully and brightly coloured throughout by illustrator Liz Kay, this irresistible book is a cornucopia of fascinating information.How interesting to learn that ‘Reindeer, birds, bees and fish can see in ultraviolet, and snakes, frogs and insects can see infrared! Before that she spent 25 years teaching in Essex where she worked as a teacher and part of the Essex School Improvement Team as a Literacy Consultant; before finally becoming Headteacher of a Primary School. Red, for example, explores why blood is red, why Mars is known as the red planet, why flamingos are pink, why some monkeys have red bottoms and why hippo’s sweat is red.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment