276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hopeless

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Forced to reach out to her last resort, Beyah has to spend the remainder of her summer on a peninsula in Texas with a father she barely knows. Beyah’s plan is to keep her head down and let the summer slip by seamlessly, but her new neighbor Samson throws a wrench in that plan.

Before her first day, however, she meets Holder, a fellow senior who’s been “away” the last year after an altercation at school. Both are captivated by each other after their first meeting – he feels like he recognizes her, and she catches feelings like she’s never felt before with a guy. Ok,I know it has nothing to do with the review but I feel like writing a letter to Les and to every Les that might read it :)In this book, we also get to explore or at least, we get a clearer picture of the relationship between Les and Holder. Gah! Those journal entries had me bawling like a baby. And the fact that Holder poured out his feelings to his sister through that journal was just heartbreaking. And although we pretty much knew what happened to Les, as it was already revealed in Hopeless, reading it again from Holder's POV was just gut-wrenching. I realize it's a challenge to write a companion story that "flips the script" or tells a variant version of a same story, but usually the strength in being able to tell an alternate story is to offer new grounds of intrigue and insight specific to the character you're writing the perspective point in. I'll admit there was some potential with that considering Holder reflects on his sister's death and has to deal with the rumors about his person and his own family issues, but I'll admit in the whole time that I followed Holder in this, it was like reading someone's account at arms length and the major measures that shaped him were only with respect to Les's death and Hope's disappearance. Not to mention that I don't think there was anything that new added to the cast at large in this account - the characters had very little dimensions and connectivity, and the mystery was not so much compelling as the first account because you already know what happens in so many measures. Plus, there were some revelations given here that I had a very hard time believing, much like in the first book. Losing Hope is Hopeless from Holder’s POV. Remember the part where Sky and Holder didn’t talk to each other for one month, oh.my.gah…. it was killing me… I wanted to know what Holder was doing, what he was up to, what he was thinking, who he was seeing and YES, Yes, and YES I got it! Thank you!!!

Sky is a 17-year-old girl who’s been homeschooled by her single mom her whole life. She was adopted at age 5 and has had a life devoid of technology – no TV, no phone and no Internet.Will an unbearable secret from the past jeopardize Daniel and Six’s only chance at saving each other? All Your Perfects (2018) A Raw Blog Post". ColleenHoover.com. Archived from the original on October 30, 2014 . Retrieved October 30, 2014. There are a few new insights to things that happened that added to the story. I'm not sure how I feel about Holder not being told. The last letter made me laugh and it was left open for ...."possibilities" which is always a good thing! Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better than Hopeless, Colleen Hoover proves me wrong! I loved that Losing Hope wasn’t just Hopeless from Holder’s pov... it was so much more. Dean Holder is just perfection. You get his story from before Hopeless, and during, and those letters. Those letters destroyed me in the very best way. This book was just amazing. Every book I read by this author gets better and better. I don’t know how she does it, I’m just glad that she does!

McNary, Dave (July 15, 2019). "Justin Baldoni Developing 'It Ends With Us' Romance Movie". Variety . Retrieved February 11, 2022. When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.Charlize and Silas must work together to uncover the truth about what happened to them and why. But the more they learn about the couple they used to be…the more they question why they were ever together to begin with. Verity (2017) In October 2022, Simon & Schuster UK acquired two standalone novels by Hoover, which are to be published in 2024 and 2026. [39] Seeing everything through Holder’s eyes, while sometimes cute and hilarious, was heartbreaking. There was so much guilt and pain. I really felt for him in this book, even more than I did in the first one. Atria to Publish Colleen Hoover's 'It Starts with Us' in October". Publishers Weekly. February 11, 2022 . Retrieved February 12, 2022.

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love has conditions: they agree it will last only one hour, and it will be only make-believe. This Colleen Hoover series follows the story of Layken and Will, two young adults who face personal tragedies and challenges as they navigate the complexities of love and family. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever. My Hopeless Review:What follows is an emotional journey in which Holder has to decide whether Sky should know the truth about what happend all those years ago or if she's better off without those memories of the past. And if she does find out the truth, how I'll it effect her relationship with Holder? In Losing Hope we find out how Holder struggles with knowing the truth but being unable to confide in anyone about it. It's not an easy journey, but we all know that eventually they do get their much deserved happy ending. It’s causing my hands to shake and my heart to pound and my chest to ache because all I want to do is wrap my arms around her and hold her and thank God we finally found each other again.” The writing was phenomenal. The author pulls you in and I was experiencing everything with them like I was right there. I didn't want to put it down for a second. I was hooked. Like, wrap my iPad in ziploc bag and read while I shower, hooked.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment