276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chivas Regal 18 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky, Gold Signature, 70 cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Chivas 18 holds an incredible 85 unique flavour notes in every drop. From sweet butterscotch and dark chocolate to zesty orange and a wisp of smoke, every sip is a new experience.

Chivas Regal 18 letnia - cena i opinie - Kukunawa.pl Whisky Chivas Regal 18 letnia - cena i opinie - Kukunawa.pl

At the upper end of their range is the Chivas Regal 18 Year Old expression crafted by Master Blender Colin Scott. This bottle is made with over 20 rare Scotch whiskies which have been aged for at least 18 years each before blending into this award-winning expression. Taking all the nuances of the 12yo, the 18yo is a much more refined and mature bottling.This award-winning whisky holds coveted titles such as ‘Best Blended Scotch Whisky’ from the International Wine and Spirits Competition – and it’s not hard to see why. Firstly, everyone appreciates different things and to the nay sayers, I am not a bot. I love a single malt, but bought this Blend after seeing that it had won some awards and was in the sale. Chivas Regal is made, blended and bottled in Scotland, therefore it is a Scotch and not a whiskey. The whiskies that make Chivas Regal are predominantly Speyside single malts, however, they do use an Orcadian malt whisky from Scapa and a wheat whisky from Glasgow. Meeting the strict regulations for blended Scotch, it is most certainly from Scotland. Chivas Regal 18 Years Old has a rich amber hue and is claimed to have up to 85 distinct tastes . It begins with the aromas of dark chocolate, toffee, and dried fruits, with a hint of oakiness. The velvet palate has more chocolate, caramel, and a gentle smokiness with warm, burnt orange notes. It finishes dry and mildly spicy, with a pleasing smoke towards the very end. Breathing in the aroma of Johnnie Walker 18 Year Old, I’m instantly enveloped with a rich smoky smell. Fragrant spices take centre stage, mingling with hints of honey and vanilla. Nosing my glass, I also get sweet notes of dark chocolate mingle with the fragrant smokiness that Johnnie Walker is so well known for. With a little swirl around my glass, I’m greeted by a bouquet of sweet fruit.

Chivas Regal 18 Blended Scotch Whisky – Chivas Regal UK

Compared to the Chivas Regal XV, the Green Label is no where near as fruity or sweet. Frankly, it’s a totally different bottle with much peatier, smokier flavours which can be a real crowd-splitter if that’s not your thing. Both these brands are top players in the blended Scotch category. Whilst Chivas aren’t quite as mainstream, their Speyside orientated blends were a delight to sample. As I took my first sip of Chivas Regal 18, I was welcomed with an abundance of oaky flavour. The palate was alive with winter spices and rich malt, followed by sweet notes of Seville orange marmalade and a pleasant oakiness. Continuing (neat) and with a little more ‘chewing’, I detected a mild hint of cinnamon that balanced perfectly with the spicy malt tones. If you’re a Johnnie Walker fan, you’ll know that their portfolio pinnacle is the coveted Blue Label. For this review however, we’ll top-out with their 18 year old. Pouring a glass, I’m immediately hit with an earthy, herbal aroma that sort of reminds me of a florists. Trust me though, it’s actually attractively floral and slightly fruity towards the end each of each sniff. It’s inviting and pleasant.Aroma: Rich, indulgent and multi-layered aromas with hints of dried fruits, buttery toffee and dark chocolate.

Chivas Regal 18 Blended Scotch Whisky – Chivas Regal SG Chivas Regal 18 Blended Scotch Whisky – Chivas Regal SG

In the world of Scotch, it’s important to understand the difference between a single malt and a blended whisky. Some consumers read “single malt” and reflexively believe that the product is a single barrel. Instead, a single malt must be made at a single distillery from 100% malted barley and distilled on a post still. Most single malts are blends of many barrels with those specifications, a process typically referred to as “ vatting.” Chivas Regalare owned by French beverage company Pernod Ricard. Their blended whiskies are primarily based around the Strathisla single malt from Keith, Speyside, including 13 more single malts from other Speyside distilleries and one from the Scapa distillery in Orkney. They also use a wheat whisky from the Strathclyde distillery in Glasgow. Nosing the Chivas 12, there’s subtle hints of heather, honey, and ripe fruit coming through. I also get a mild scent of spice. On the first sip, there’s an immediate peppery heat. Initially, this feels a little harsh, but it does eventually subside to an underlying honey sweetness. Adding a little water certainly helps as I begin to taste a mild herbal aroma. On reflection, I’d definitely recommend adding water from the start to relieve some of the harsh spiciness. You are responsible for all activities through your account. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us in relation to your account, and for updating it where necessary. You are not allowed to create multiple accounts. We may terminate or temporarily suspend your account to protect you, ourselves or our partners from (suspected) identity theft or other (suspected) fraudulent (e.g. false, misleading, deceptive) activity. You have the obligation to keep your login credentials confidential. You shall not authorize any others to use or access your account. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.Taste: There is sweetness here, like a hard candy, but it doesn’t overwhelm. The palate opens with wisps of peat smoke, but it is extremely light and approachable. Across the mid-palate we have rich vanilla and creamy chocolate milk, although there is some acidity through the initial taste. It doesn’t burn going down and is extremely light. Any working distillery is beautiful (it produces Scotch whisky, ‘nuf said). And Ron Swanson does his whisky tourism single-mindedly. But Strathisla Distillery repeatedly shows up on “ Most Beautiful Distillery” lists, and with good reason. There’s something about the squat, cottage-like stone structure with its sloping cupola roofs that makes it look like a Hogwarts-meets-Hobbiton dreamland (plus Scotch). We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment