276°
Posted 20 hours ago

House of the Dragon: Season 1 [DVD] [2022]

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to Deadline, House of the Dragon Season 2 will consist of eight episodes - two shorter than Season 1 - with HBO said to be eyeing a greenlight for Season 3 to continue the tale of the Dance of Dragons. Speaking on Entertainment Tonight, Olsen debunked the rumors questioning how "people think they're legitimate," and there has been no sign of her appearing on the set of the production: I am thrilled that we still have 10 hours every season to tell our tale. I hope that will continue to be true. It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.”

To fill the void left by Sapochnik's departure, veteran TV and film director Alan Taylor is joining Season 2 as an executive producer. Taylor's directing credits include seven episodes of Game of Thrones, including Season 1's "Baelor" and Season 7's "Beyond the Wall." Where is House of the Dragon Season 2 being filmed? As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close The health of the Old King, Jaehaerys, was failing. In those days, House Targaryen stood at the height of its strength with ten adult dragons under its yoke. No power in the world could stand against it. King Jaehaerys reigned over nearly 60 years of peace and prosperity but tragedy had claimed both his sons Leaving his succession in doubt. So, in the year 101 The Old King called a Great Council to choose an heir. Over a thousand lords made the journey to Harrenhal. Fourteen succession claims were heard But only two were truly considered. Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the King's eldest descendant and her younger cousin, Prince Viserys Targaryen The King's eldest male descendant. It is declared by all lords paramount and lords vassal of the Seven Kingdoms That Prince Viserys Targaryen be made Prince of Dragons tone! Rhaenys, a woman, would not inherit the Iron Throne. The lords instead chose Viserys my father. Jaehaerys called the Great Council To prevent a war being fought over his succession. For he knew the cold truth. The only thing that could tear down the House of the Dragon was itself. The two sides are undoubtedly headed for a bloody civil war, that those really digging for plot details can find detailed in George R. R. Martin's Fire & Blood. How Can I Watch House of the Dragon Season 2?Writers: Ryan J Condal, Sara Hess, Charmaine De,Grate, Gabe Fonseca, Kevin Lau, Ira Parker, Eileen Shim Along the way, there are some very gory scenes that put the baddies on a par with Putin; there’s a bit of “How’s your father” between one male character and a young women with a very tight butt, plus a rather meaty jousting scene or three. When Lucerys left on his dragon Arrax, he was followed by Aemond — who rides the much larger Vhagar. Aemond seemingly only wanted to taunt his nephew, but after Arrax spat fire at Vhagar, the she-dragon retaliated by chewing up Arrax in the air... leading to the death of sweet Lucerys, who was only 14 years old. The dragons are only under Targaryen control to a point, which is a scary thing. They're basically nuclear weapons with emotions and minds of their own, you know? Now, as for when the time comes for someone else to sit on the Iron Throne, who will take the Crown, since everyone seems to want to get in on the succession action? Well, you have to watch the programme to find out, since that’s how these things work.

Season 1 debuted at the end of August 2022, and based on Bloys' comments, it seems very possible that Season 2 will arrive at a similar time of year. How Many Seasons Will House of the Dragon Have? HBO Rhaenyra: Princess Nymeria led her Rhoynar across the Narrow Sea on 10,000 ships to flee their Valyrian pursuers. She took Lord Mors Martell of Dorne to husband and burned her own fleet off Sun spear to show her people that they were finished running. Following several time jumps that saw characters age out of their actors, things should slow down as Season 2 focuses more on the Dance of the Dragons, otherwise known as the Targaryen civil war. We're also going to be introduced to a slew of characters. On April 24, Variety reported that Gayle Rankin has been cast as Alys Rivers in House of the Dragon Season 2. According to George R. R. Martin's Fire & Blood, Alys is known as the Witch Queen of Harrenhal and becomes a key figure among the Greens. In addition to Rankin, Simon Russell Beale was announced to play Ser Simon Strong, the great-uncle to Matthew Needham's Lord Larys Strong. The series' creative team was reported to be aiming for three to four seasons, while franchise creator George R. R. Martin once said in a blog post that the story will "take four full seasons of 10 episodes" to "do justice" to the saga: Much like the first season of House of the Dragon, new episodes of Season 2 are expected to premiere weekly on HBO and simultaneously onto Max - the newly-rebranded Warner Bros. streaming service, formerly HBO Max.Meanwhile, Freddie Fox is set to star as Ser Gwayne Hightower, who is Queen Alicent Hightower's ( Olivia Cooke) brother and Otto Hightower's ( Rhys Ifans) son. Yes, that means he's also uncle to King Aegon ( Tom Glynn-Carney), Queen Helaena (Phia Saban) and Prince Aemond ( Ewan Mitchell). Also joining the cast is Abubakar Salim, who will play Alyn of Hull. Alyn is "a sailor in the Velaryon fleet who served in the Stepstones campaign," according to Variety. That could be something HBO does with House of the Dragon. However, this is unlikely considering it would mean less than two months from the season finale to the DVD release. We’re probably looking more at something like February 2023. This matches the four-month wait The Time Traveler’s Wife Season 1 has taken from the season finale to the DVD release date. House of the Dragon episode 6 - The Princess and the Queen - Monday 26th September 2022 at 2am BST. I heard about the fuss over the eighth season being awful. Well, I largely felt the same about the one-season Dexter reboot. It had some great moments, but overall, it was a disappointment. But about GoT, I did see the clip of that battle which took place in the dark, and on a regular sized TV, I couldn’t see a thing! I mean, sure, yeah. [I like to do] anything that’s worth telling, that’s a good story, that’s innovative, that [has] great characters.”

Permalink: As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close The health of the Old King,... There are also rumors the series will continue past Season 2 and into Season 3—rumors stoked by its star Matt Smith, who let plans slip on an episode of the Happy Sad Confused podcast for after the Episode 6 time jump: “Once we make the jump, we’re in. I’m pretty sure from then on there’s not any big huge time jumps, particularly next season and the one after.” The freshly-married couple of Rhaenyra and Daemon Targaryen will head to war with the newly-crowned King Aegon II. And naturally, when it comes to medical procedures, it’s not easy to get great healthcare. There’s certainly no NHS in the year 101 A.D., nor anesthetic, it appears. Overall, after never seeing a Game of Thrones episode, I rather enjoyed this opener to the prequel, although it would be easier to get into it if I had subtitles, given most of the cast mumble a fair bit.

Side guide

The House of the Dragon is a HBO show on the HBO Max streaming service. It is based on some of the events from George RR Martin's Game of Thrones universe, specifically his companion novel Fire and Blood. It's separate from the A Song of Ice and Fire novel series, which is the basis for the original series. If we look at Game of Thrones, we saw an almost seven-month wait for the DVD release of Season 8. It only took four months for Season 7 to arrive. The DVD release dates for both seasons were timed with Christmas releases.

House of the Dragonhas premiered on HBO and HBO Max. Of course, you want to add it to your Game of Thrones collection, but when will that be possible? Will House of the Dragon even come to DVD and Blu-ray? Now that House of the Dragonhas premiered, all eyes are on when it will come to DVD and Blu-ray. There is some great news in the fact that the Game of Thrones prequel should get a DVD release date. While it does air on HBO Max, it’s a HBO show and HBO shows still head to DVD and Blu-ray. We’re told at the start in a voiceover, that as the first century in the Targaryen dynasty came to a close, the King’s health is failing, although they still have 10 dragons, so between them they could rustle up a tasty barbeque in the summer, I’m sure.

Shortly after the premiere, HBO announced its plans to renew the series for a second season, noting its almost instant popularity; the series brought in the largest new series audience in HBO’s history. (But can we really call it a new series?) I think it would be cool to be in Westeros, I really do. I don't think there's a place for me in there, though."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment