276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Too Many Reasons to Live: My Autobiography

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Footballers could PULL OUT of the 2034 Saudi World Cup due to workload issues, warns head of the PFA... with... A few days later, when Rob writes to me about Lindsey, I think of our afternoon in the summerhouse. All the sunshine and warmth I saw on his face glows from my screen as I read his message. Tyson Fury steals the show at Saudi open workout as he enters into a DANCE-OFF with Sugar Hill - whereas Francis Ngannou keeps it business as usual I’m too weak to make myself a coffee. Just turning in bed is murder. It’s difficult watching Lindsey do so much. It makes me feel worthless. Rob Burrow scores the opening try during the Engage Super League Grand Final match between St Helens and Leeds Rhinos at Old Trafford in 8 October 2011. ‘I can’t believe what I did.’ Photograph: Chris Brunskill/Getty Images

England stars Alessia Russo and Chloe Kelly dazzle on the red carpet as theLionesses are honoured for World Cup run at Glamour Women of the Year Awards Things started deteriorating fast in March 2020, just three months after my diagnosis. That’s when Lindsey’s role changed. Almost overnight, she went from being a wife to my full-time carer. John Fury steals the show at son Tyson's press conference with Francis Ngannou ahead of 'Battle of the Baddest' as he calls out MIKE TYSON in Riyadh Rob uses a computer to communicate after being diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in December 2019. He will read the story using an eye controlled computer, which recreates the words into a version of Rob’s own voice, allowing him to retain his native Yorkshire accent.But it didn’t stop me. I had a fabulous career and perhaps one of the clips people watch most was typical of what I could sometimes do. I had already won four Super League Grand Finals with Leeds when we lined up against Saint Helens at Old Trafford in 2011 but I was hungry for more. Life had been difficult as coach Brian McDermott had told me he no longer saw me as a starting player. I had been used most often off the bench and had seriously thought about leaving the club. It’s quiet and peaceful in the summerhouse where Rob and Lindsey Burrow sit together. Pale Yorkshire sunshine streams in through the windows. We’re out in the garden in Castleford, at the home of Rob’s parents, and there are times when it’s possible to almost forget the deadly impact of motor neurone disease. Rob won eight Grand Finals with Leeds Rhinos as they dominated rugby league from 2004 to 2017 and he played 20 times for Great Britain and England in a celebrated career. But this once cheerfully garrulous man is now a silent prisoner in his body as MND paralyses him and prevents him from talking.

One coach said I would need a “bloody big heart” to make it. A match official once mistook me for a ball boy. When someone asked Leeds coach Daryl Powell if he had ever seen a smaller player he said: “Only in the Under 10s”. Chelsea star names WWE legend John Cena as the celebrity he'd want to portray him in a movie - but can YOU guess which unlikely Blues player it is? Footballers could PULL OUT of 2034 Saudi World Cup due to workload issues, warns head of PFA... with the event set to be held in winter AGAIN, forcing extended domestic campaigns There is a lot about his childhood and his determination to play rugby even though everyone thought he was too small. Not being a lover of rugby, I probably didn’t appreciate those parts as much as someone who is a lover of the sport would do but there are various funny moments throughout his career with his constant pranks with his team mates that made it compelling reading.I live in Scotland and am married to a Scottish rugby union fan so it was also heartwarming to read a bit about Doddie Weir. Both he and Rob and countless others like them are doing their best to raise awareness and funds to combat this horrendous disease. Hopefully in the future folk will reward their efforts and find a cure. Micah Richards reveals how he downed TEN drinks from a minibar the night before a Man City game - and tried to talk his way out of playing England's Tom Curry accuses South Africa's Bongi Mbonambi of calling him a 'white c***' in the Rugby World Cup semi-final with alleged slur caught on ref's mic Will Ferrell calls Ryan Reynolds a 'dodgy Canadian' as he meets the Hollywood star's Wrexham players, while touring the Welsh side's stadium

Real Madrid players rally around Vinicius Junior on social media after the forward was racially abused by multiple Sevilla fans during LaLiga drawA mural depicting Rob Burrow is seen near the Emerald Headingley Stadium. Photograph: Gareth Copley/Getty Images

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment