276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Coffeevac 1/2 LB – Patented Airtight Container | Multi-use Vacuum Container Works as Smell Proof Containers for Ground Coffee and Coffee Bean Containers. Black Cap and Body

£11.195£22.39Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you're going to put them straight into an Airscape or Fellow Atmos for example, meaning you'll be pushing the air out, then that's fair enough, but if you're putting them in a container that doesn't allow you to force the air out, or if you're keeping them in the bag, I'd recommend not opening them until you're about to use them.

So, the moral of the story is don't store your coffee beans in the hopper, leave your beans in airtight storage, in a cool dark place, just lob the beans into the hopper that you are about to use.

Otherwise, just put fewer beans in the hopper, instead of emptying the entire bag into the hopper, just put in the hopper a rough guestimate of how much you're likely to use that morning for example. How/Where Should You Store Coffee Beans? I'll get into these a bit later in this post, but the number one function of a coffee bean storage solution is to keep out air. The key cause of staling is oxidation, so by keeping our coffee beans in airtight storage, we help to slow down oxidation, and therefore to a certain degree at least, we help to slow down the staling process. If you've been plagued by shot inconsistency for reasons beyond your understanding, and you've done everything you've been able to find on Reddit threads and youtube videos, you're weighing stuff, you're stirring your coffee with sharp pointy stuff (WDT tools), you're doing distribution, in fact just making a sodding coffee sounds like a cottage industry round at your place ;-), and you're still vexed by inconsistencies, it could literally be as simple as where you're storing your beans! This change of mind return policy is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law including any rights you may have in respect of faulty items. Le Creuset is well known for its colorful cast-iron cookware, and these stoneware canisters capture the brand's signature style. They are available in several eye-catching colors, from a cherry red to an elegant white, so every customer should be able to find an option that matches their kitchen décor. The canisters also have a wooden lid for a nice accent.

What really sets this canister apart is its inner lid, which you press down via a handle to remove the air from inside. Out of the 15 canisters we tested, this one tied for first place in freshness and flavor, largely due to the effectiveness of the inner lid. The Airscape is also one of the easiest canisters to clean (even though it's not dishwasher-safe) because its large size allows customers to reach all parts inside with a sponge. If you're drinking this kind of coffee, then there are flavour notes that you'll want to keep intact until you've finished the bag, but of course as soon as coffee is roasted, the staling process begins, and your special coffee beans will begin to lose their je ne sais quoi (and yes, I did have to google how to spell that!).If you like the product and want a full set for your kitchen, Planetary Design produces the Airscape in two other sizes: a small canister, which holds 8 ounces of coffee, and a medium-sized one, which can store up to 1 pound. All options are sold at reasonable prices—even this bulk one. Keep them in airtight storage after thawing and breaking the seal. So, Where Should You Keep Your Coffee Beans? Yes – Most dry goods will remain smell proof inside the Coffeevac V. However our degassing Valve was designed to allow any build up of gas or odors to escape, so if you have a product that omits gas or is particularly strong smelling then this odor will leak out of the degassing valve. There may well be a gasket on the lid, which will keep air out from the top, but as far as oxygen is concerned, there's a massive gap between the burrs (massive when compared to oxygen) and an even bigger gap known as the grinds chute ;-). The only issue I can see with them is that they seem slightly hit and miss when it comes to keeping the vacuum seal, with quite a few users reporting that the vacuum is often lost after several hours, and this seems to be more common with the steel version than the glass, I'm not 100% sure why, but I think that in some cases cleaning the edge of the container before sealing may help.

Regardless of whether the machine was heating up or not, the temp and humidity in the hopper were the same as the temp and humidity in the room, so from what I can gather, it's simply that hoppers offer no protection from room conditions, regardless of whether they're integrated grinders or stand-alone. I did initially think that some of the fluctuations that are reported using integrated grinder machines could be down to the fact that the hoppers are integrated, meaning that the beans are in a container connected to a machine which will be fluctuating in temperature and possibly humidity, but the testing I've recently done appears to rule this out.If you put freshly roasted beans in a Coffeevac that are still gassing off, then a vacuum may be created that way, but just closing the lid is unlikely to create a vacuum. Having said that, I do really like these containers for storing full of freshly roasted beans, as you can push out quite a bit of the air and more air will leave the container as they continue to off-gas, and Coffeevacs are much more cost effective than some of the other options. As you'll learn if you keep reading this post, there are a number of things that your storage location must protect the beans from, and guess what? The bean hopper protects them from ZERO!

Old Dutch International Canister Set: This four-piece hammered copper set takes something timeless and mixes in new-age elements, such as silicone gaskets. However, the airtight seal wasn't the best. It was difficult to fully close the lids on some of the canisters in the set, indicating that air was getting in and out. The ones that did close were difficult to open and shut. It requires two hands and a lot of effort to remove the lid and get to your coffee beans.It's important that you don't let your coffee beans get a sun tan, or they'll end up being darker roasted than when you bought them. OK, I'm joking ;-), but both natural and artificial light can be bad for coffee beans simply due to a chemical process called photodegradation. This is a process in which the more light-sensitive polymer chains begin to degrade or something, I'm no scientist ;-), in caveman speak “light bad”. Before we get into the FAQs, I'll just give you one really important tip when it comes to keeping your coffee beans fresh for as long as possible, and that is, don't open the bag until you absolutely need to.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment