276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Inside Out (Disney/Pixar Inside Out) (Little Golden Book)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I listened to the audiobook, which I HIGHLY recommend, as Demi does a stellar job reading it in her amazing voice. The book is particularly well written for a celebrity memoir, as Demi worked with the talented Ariel Schrag, a star in her own right. In all, a favorite of the many celebrity memoirs I’ve read lately. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a Demi Moore fan, but I did walk away from this book with some newfound respect. Despite the millions in the bank and stunning good looks, she hasn't had the easiest life. She shares a lot of her struggles in this memoir and I'm sure putting yourself out there like that is difficult. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to throw open wide all my windows and doors and await Rob Lowe’s arrival; it’s a bone-chilling 51 degrees, so I think chances are good.

Anyway, despite everything, Demi professes to have loved her mother and has tried to be the kind of mother she never had. She is by no means perfect and has made some poor decisions in her lifetime, but has also survived a lot. I haven't seen all of her movies, but particularly enjoyed A Few Good Men and Ghost. I’ve never been a fan of movie, or TV stars, in the same way I am with musicians or authors. I liked many of the movies Demi starred in- Ghost being my very favorite of all her roles. I think she is a good actress, but I wouldn’t call myself a fan, necessarily.

Customer reviews

She was married to actor Ashton Kutcher before divorcing in 2013. She writes about having two threesomes with Kutcher that left her with feelings of shame. "Because we had brought in a third party into our relationship, Ashton said, that blurred the lines and, to some extent, justified what he's done," Moore writes about Kutcher cheating on her. Moore recalls a time when Kutcher told her that "I don't know if alcoholism is a real thing." [18] She also recalls a time she was drinking with Kutcher and she passed out in a hot tub in Mexico. "Ashton had encouraged me to go in this direction. When I went too far, though, he let me know how he felt by showing a picture he'd taken of me resting my head on the toilet the night before. It seemed like a good-natured joke at the time. But it was really just shaming," she writes. Two years into her marriage to Kutcher, Moore revealed that she became pregnant at 42 and then lost her child almost six months into the pregnancy. [16] After the couple divorced in 2013, Moore began abusing Vicodin and alcohol. During that time, her three daughters stopped speaking to her, and her former husband and friend, Bruce Willis, grew distant as well. Sollosi, Mary (October 10, 2019). "Celebrities react to Demi Moore's revealing memoir Inside Out". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved October 25, 2019. Demi Moore had a very broken and dysfunctional family because of whom she started early with sex, drugs, and alcohol. However, she learned all the lessons, changed her habits and focused on becoming the best paid actress of her time.

She discusses her relationships, most notably with Bruce Willis, the father of her three daughters, and then Ashton Kutcher. With so much toxicity in today’s world, it’s nice to see Demi and Bruce were, for the most part, able to maintain a strong family unit and co-parent well together after they split. Disney died of lung cancer in Burbank, California, on December 15, 1966. The following year, construction began on Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. His brother Roy Disney inaugurated the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971.

Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group. During her second pregnancy, big-bellied Demi posed for a nude cover photo for Vanity Fair magazine - a picture she thought was artistic and beautiful. The photo was roundly excoriated, however, and the scathing article that went with it made things even worse. Demi writes, "I was portrayed as selfish, egotistical, and pampered, and that being Mrs. Bruce Willis had gone to my head, swelling it unmercifully." There were assertions that Demi was catered to on the set of The Butcher's Wife (where the interview occurred) and that she was a prima donna surrounded by sycophants. Demi reports, "The article had a subtle negative impact on my career." Living with unreliable parents made Demi a snoop, which led to the discovery that Danny wasn't her biological father. Demi's biological father was Charlie Harmon, Ginny's first husband. Danny wanted to keep it secret because he thought Demi wouldn't feel the same way about him. However once the truth came out, it was Danny who withdrew from Demi, spelling the end of their close relationship. For decades, Demi Moore has been synonymous with celebrity. From iconic film roles to high-profile relationships, Moore has never been far from the spotlight—or the headlines.

Curiosity got the better of me and so I borrowed it from the library. However, the audio version was available on Scribd and I ended up listening to the book instead. I came away from the book with a sense of what a difficult life Demi Moore has lived and I hope she'll find that sense of home and belonging that she's always searched for.Demi Moore, the once highest paid actress in Hollywood.....disclosed private details and name dropping that became off-putting.

Demi and Bruce went on to have a third daughter, Tallulah, but their relationship was suffering. Demi notes "We were disconnected from each other emotionally. Our life was all about logistics surrounding the kids, and while Bruce was always proud of me doing well I don't know that he was always comfortable with the attention that came with it." First of all, since I could not have been more than 12 myself, I thought everyone in the film was easily about fifty years old. (I know, I know, foolish youth...karma’s a bitch, though, because here I sit in 2020, exponentially, realistically older, while half the original cast somehow looks the same age as, or even younger than, they did then.)

I’ve enjoyed many of the movies that Demi Moore has starred in. I’ve read the tabloid stories and wondered how much of what I read was true. It was nice that the information was coming straight from Demi. Of course, there are always other sides to almost every story. But overall, I didn’t feel like Demi trashed anyone. She just told her truth. sounds like the perfect life. But as I would soon find out, if you carry a well of shame and unresolved trauma inside of you, no amount of money, no measure of success or celebrity, can fill it." When it comes to celebrity memoirs I feel a little more justified in expressing my personal opinion about the author, since after all, this is not a biography, written by a third party or without authorization.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment