276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Jolly Christmas Postman (The Jolly Postman)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Off through the snow the Postman rides, with more than a meal in his insides. He’s all shook up and all of a-quiver, and it’s not just the cold that makes him shiver. There’s a letter he’d rather not deliver… The popular children’s book by Janet and Allan Ahlberg is brought to life in this imaginative learning resource. If you’re looking to set the scene, for your Jolly Christmas Postman EYFS learning experience, we've got a range of eye-catching display materials which have been hand-drawn by our talented team of illustrators. Create some vibrant display boards for your learning area, to support the topic of The Jolly Christmas Postman in EYFS. They’ll also help young learners to stay engaged, whilst submerged in the theme! How to make a Jolly Christmas Postman lesson plan These lovely teaching materials will help your children to develop a variety of skills. For example, children will be able to practice their handwriting abilities with our wonderful pencil control worksheets and writing frames. Additionally, children can continue to refine and develop their fine motor skills, creativity and scissor proficiency with our wonderful range of cutting sheets and craft activities.

According to CCSU, some runners up through 2002 were Commended (from 1959) or Highly Commended (from 1974). There were 99 commendations of both kinds in 44 years including six in 1986. In this follow-up to the Ahlbergs' classic The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters, we follow our happy postman on his Christmas rounds in a fairytale town. Children will love exploring the illustrated details and seeing what's in all the envelopes.a b "The jolly postman, or, Other people's letters" (first U.S. edition). Library of Congress Catalog Record. Retrieved 2012-08-31. The Jolly Postman has a busy day ahead. It's Christmas Eve in Fairy-Tale Land and there's plenty of post for him to deliver! Put the Humpty Dumpty jigsaw puzzle together and play ‘What’s the Time Mister Wolf!’ and BEWARE! The gift from the wolf to Red Riding Hood (you will need a dice and counters). Play the story

That’s where this book comes in, that’s how this book makes me feel. Happy and joyful, it makes me think of my childhood and how special it was. I continue to this day to read this to myself every Christmas and one day I will read it to my children, hopefully one Christmas to theirs too. The Jolly Christmas Postman has been delighting children for generations, making it the perfect book to share on Christmas Eve! The illustrations are so adorable, I can't wait to read this to my youngest grandkids, the older one already loves it. Share the story The book is a sequel to The Jolly Postman who delivers letters to familiar characters from fairy tales. It’s helpful if children already know this story before reading The Jolly Christmas Postman but not essential. See here for a video of the original book, The Jolly Postman, read aloud Watch the The Jolly Postman story Find out what's on Humpty-Dumpty's get-well jigsaw and who has sent Red Riding Hood a board game for Christmas. Preschoolers will enjoy the rhyming text and familiar characters and older children can start to read the story and letters themselves. An old favourite that will be pulled out every Christmas and probably throughout the year.Start off with this Lesson Plan Template. There's room for you to write the learning objectives, which resources you're going to use, the plan for your main activity, and more. The colored drawings in this book are wonderful too, and you can look at them all day and every day and never grow tired of them.

Little hands will love opening the envelopes to read the post in this magical story, full of festive, fairy tale surprises! Make a list of where people in the class have been on holiday. Can you find the places on a map? Did you send a postcard?We've also made sure to include a variety of resources that you can incorporate in core lessons such as maths and English. A good example of this is this Jolly Christmas Postman-themed number counting worksheet, which you can use to add a dash of festivity to your end of term maths lessons. Alternatively, you could also incorporate our range of word searches and word mats to help your pupils practice their spelling. about The Jolly Postman: imaginative learning resources for early years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 The Jolly Christmas Postman follows a postman on Christmas Eve as he delivers letters by bicycle to characters from traditional children's stories that are well known in Britain. These are characters like the Big Bad Wolf, Red Riding Hood, and the Three Bears.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment