276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Friends: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002] [1994] [Region Free]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Behind the Style: The Look of Friends is a twenty-minute long documentary about the costume designer, makeup artist, and hair stylist who bring top quality work on to the show and how it contributes to the success of Friends.

Friends: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2002] [1994] [Region

They are included on the Season 7 set under the tagline of "The Ones with More Friends". I can only guess that these episodes were edited in SD. Nothing else makes sense to me as to why these particular episodes are excluded from being in HD in the original broadcast versions. Smelly Cat" Music Video (SD, 2 min) – This music video sadly does not answer the question of exactly what they're feeding that smelly cat. Friends: The One With All The Trivia is a question and answer based videogame using over 3000 interactive questions and clips. Each commentary is with Kevin Bright (executive producer), Marta Kauffman (co-creator, executive producer) and David Crane (co-creator, executive producer) unless otherwise indicated. Certain episodes contain the three usual commentators and select guests. The following video supplements are included across the seasons and are presented in 1.33:1 full frame (as presented on the original DVD releases):The One that Goes Behind the Scenes (SD, 42 minutes): The first real must-see special feature, this lengthy Discovery Channel documentary is easily the best extra available on the first ten discs and, after so many shallow clip montages, a genuine relief from the monotony. Candid and extensive, a variety of interviews with the cast and crew are intercut with fly-on-the-wall prep and production footage. But it's when the cameras go inside the writer's room, into the cast rehearsals and onto the stage in front of a live studio audience that the documentary really takes off. It's all a bit dated, I'll admit, and it focuses on Season Six episodes rather than much from Season Five. That doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable, though. Don't skip past this one assuming it's as trite as some of the supplemental drivel from the first four seasons. The Ones with More Friends (SD, 111 minutes): Four original broadcast super-sized episodes are included as bonus features, albeit in standard definition with Dolby Digital 2.0 audio: "The One Where Rosita Dies," "The One Where They All Turn Thirty," "The One with Joey's New Brain" and "The One with the Truth About London." Friends depicts the highs and lows, friendships, romances, and careers of the six friends, who are often seen struggling with money or love, but who are always there for each other. It's doubtful that this series will ever fade away into pop-culture obscurity. Friends was brilliant television when it originally aired and it holds up today as one of the most easily re-watchable and entertaining series around. Some might want to refer to it as a "warm blanket". I certainly don't mind calling it that sometimes.

Friends - Complete Season 1-10 (Blu-ray) - Warner Bros.

Writers: David Crane , Marta Kauffman , Ted Cohen , Andrew Reich , Scott Silveri , Shana Goldberg-Meehan The One That Goes Behind The Scenes (SD, 42 min) – Originally produced for the Discovery Channel, this in-depth documentary follows the production of an episode from conception through to airing. The show intercuts interviews with true behind the scenes footage, including looks into the writer's room, the live stage, and the editing booth. Easily the best feature that isn't on the bonus disc, and possibly the best feature in the set, period.

Side guide

This release doesn't hit a home run but for what it's worth it's one of the best and most exciting Blu-ray releases for a television series to date. It presents one of television's greatest series in a way that is immeasurably better than any previous home video release when it comes down to picture quality. This collection may end up being considered as one of the most controversial Blu-ray releases, but I love the set and am happy owning it this way. I expect there are many Friends fans who would be thrilled owning a collection of every episode in High Definition. Warner Bros. has released a set that is absolutely worth owning. You just have to overlook certain hiccups and make those purchasing decisions accordingly.

Blu-ray Collection: - DVD Talk The Blu-ray Collection: - DVD Talk

Audio Commentaries – Commentaries for "The One with the Male Nanny", "The One with Rachel's Other Sister", and "The One in Barbados" parts one and two with Bright, Kaufman, and Crane. The logistics of doing Barbados on a sound stage are discussed in depth, as is Monica's bad hair. I can sense many fans already groaning about this aspect of the release. I hear you. This is an issue that no fan will want to face. Unfortunately, it's one of the aspects of the set that should ultimately be taken into consideration. If you are a fan looking for the extended episodes only and can't live without them it's something to consider when weighing in on the pros and cons concerning this release. I still insist that it's worth considering this set. Yet individual fans will have to

Similar titles you might also like

Includes the 100th episode and the infamous ‘One where everyone finds out’ about Monica and Chandler. The gang play some touch football and the hilarious ‘One Where No One’s Ready’ (well, no one except Phoebe). Friends had already been collected on DVD, and a ton of bonus features from the DVDs have been ported over, including 31 commentaries, several featurettes, a Discovery Channel documentary and much more. But previously-produced material will only get you so far when you’re trying to convince fans to buy something all over again and fortunately, Warner Bros. has also delivered several new special features as well.

Friends: The Complete Series | Blu-ray Box Set | Free

Music Video (SD, 2 minutes): The Flaming Lips' "Phoebe Battles the Pink Robots," a ballad version of "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" from the band's album of the same name. Friends Visit The Ellen DeGeneres Show (16 min.) is a sit-down with Ellen for some of the Friends actors. The interviews were recorded separately but this should still be an exciting supplement for fans of Friends and Ellen (who had her own awesome sitcom, of course). This set isn't perfect. I can't argue that it is a perfect set because it's got a lot of issues that undoubtedly will annoy some buyers. What I will say is that I have never thought that this incredible series would ever arrive on Blu-ray in High Definition and that it would look as amazing as it does on this Blu-ray release. Friends on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (SD, 22 minutes): Jay sits down with Schwimmer, LeBlanc and Matthew Perry (in Central Perk no less) moments after the actors watched the final episode for the first time. A few minutes later, he invites Aniston, Kudrow and Courtney Cox into the spotlight. Finally, with six minutes to spare, the entire cast shares the stage.Behind the Style: The Look of Friends (SD, 20 minutes): Substantial documentaries are few and far between, but "Behind the Style" is a refreshingly substantiative trip behind the scenes with costume designer Debra McGuire, hair stylist Jonathan Hanousek and makeup artist Robin Siegel. The One Where Rachel Tells Ross (SD, 23 minutes): Shortly after 9/11, a pre-recorded scene with a bomb joke left the producers with little choice but to alter the episode in which it appeared. For the first time, see the original producer's version of "The One Where Rachel Tells Ross" and read the original script. Season 3: The One Where No One's Ready, The One With the Football (featuring Art Director John Shaffner), The One the Morning After Audio Commentaries: The long-running series' tenth and final season walks away with three farewell commentaries: "The One With the Late Thanksgiving" with executive producers Kevin S. Bright, Marta Kauffman and David Crane, "The One Where the Stripper Cries" with Bright, Kauffman and Crane, and "The Last One" with Bright, Kauffman and Crane. For more about Friends: The Complete Series and the Friends: The Complete Series Blu-ray release, see Friends: The Complete Series Blu-ray Review published by Kenneth Brown on November 14, 2012 where this Blu-ray release scored 3.5 out of 5.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment