276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pack of 10 Edible Wafer Gold Effect Crowns 201-448 by CDA Products Ltd - Great for Cupcakes and or Any Cake fit for a King or Prince

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Carefully bend the silicone mold to release the gum paste crown, then use an X-Acto knife to trim away any excess gum paste around all the detailed edges. Step 4: Shape and Dry the Crown Coat your hands (even if they’re gloved) in a little bit of the vegetable shortening, then add 1-2 drops of yellow food color gel to the ball of gumpaste. Knead the food color gel into the gum paste until it’s uniform in color.

This summer, I got to make the cutest princess birthday cake for my neighbor. While brainstorming the design, I thought it would be so fun to top the cake with an edible gold crown and since it turned out so well ( and was super easy) I wanted to share the process with you! Maybe you’ve got a little one at home who is princess-obsessed or you’re needing this tutorial for a client’s cake. This tutorial will walk you through everything you need to know for crown topper success! Tape a piece of wax paper around a round can or tin that’s at least 4 inches in diameter (or whatever diameter you want the crown to end up). Wrap the gum paste crown around the wax paper and gently press it down to adhere it.When it reaches this size, place the rolled out gum paste on top of the silicone crown mold and press it into the crevices. Feel free to fold the edges of the gum paste over and press them inside to fill the crown mold until it’s just about overflowing with gum paste. You might be wondering why I used gum paste instead of fondant for this. Let me start by saying I’ve had a few bad experiences with fondant cake toppers – they just don’t dry as firmly as gum paste. Fondant will work with this tutorial, but know that you might have to let it dry for a full week and even then, it might still be a little fragile. I chose gum paste because it dries super firm in a fairly short amount of time (48 hours), plus it’s extremely easy to work with. This is the gum paste I used. Add several drops of the Edible Art Paint to a small dish and use the food grade paint brush to add one coat of paint onto the dry crown. This first coat will look patchy, but don’t worry – the second coat will work some magic! Hold a paring knife parallel to the crown mold and carefully trim away the excess gum paste. Step 3: Release the Crown

Whether it's a celebration of our longest-reigning monarch or princess-themed cakey bake, this crown topper makes a sweet finishing touch. Allow the gum paste crown to dry like this for 24 hours, after which you can slide the crown off of the wax paper lined can and allow it to dry for an additional 24 hours. The first 24 hours will dry the outside while the second will dry the inside. Step 5: Paint it GoldAllow the first coat of paint to dry for 30+ minutes, after which you can add the second coat. Let the crown air dry some more, until it’s dry to the touch, then top your cake with it and be amazed!

Please note, the dates below are estimates only, and couriers may face delays during the busy festive period.The reason I like to tint the gum paste yellow is because it will hide any imperfections in the painting process better than if you were to use white gum paste. It will look uniformly gold and not patchy in any way. Step 2: Fill the Crown Mold

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment