276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bronze 50 Bookshelf Speakers, Walnut

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s an approach that has given Monitor Audio plenty of plaudits, awards and customers over the years. And, with it, the worry that accompanies each successive generational evolution. Lightning leakage. Welcome to Bronze 6G and the lineup’s floostanding flagship.

In the vast majority of cases we will not be able to install the cabinet doors to built-in laundry products as the fittings very rarely match up. We will try our best however if we are unable to do this we will still install connect to plumbing and put the appliance in situ. What this did for the Bronze 50s was infuse the soundstage with air and space that allowed detail to tumble around the soundstage and for emotion to be grabbed and presented to the ear.

Smoother, tighter bass

for at this price point. In fact, it is the one speaker that remains from our 2015 bookshelf speaker round-up article. Pureflow silver-plated oxygen-free copper internal cabling are connected to gold-plated bi-wire terminals and bespoke grilles. Use the speaker for music or for home theater use. It can also be used while playing games. The Bronze 50 is good for small to medium-sized rooms. If you have large spaces, you need to use it as a part of home theater. Compatible devices:

As a reviewer, I am frequently spoiled by the hardware that passes through for testing. I’ve listened to some truly outstanding - and expensive - speakers over the last year or so. Despite this, I have an ongoing soft spot for affordable hardware that is done well. Speakers like the Mission LX-2 and products like the Rega Planar 1 Plus and Yamaha WX-AD10 are fine examples of equipment that punches well above its weight. Given Monitor Audio’s form over the last few years, I had high hopes for the Monitor 50. may be the bookshelf speaker for you. It even comes in four finish options which will further help to blend into your room decor. NHT C-1 Bookshelf

It continues to amaze me just how good modern budget speakers are these days. The Bronze 100 speakers, which might be viewed as being a step above that level, continues that quality. They offer neutrality and balance with plenty of detail yet there’s plenty of power in reserve. Highly recommended. You can add Klipsch subwoofer or choose from another brand like the Pioneer Elite SW-E10. In terms of placement, place the speaker such that the tweeter remains at your ear level. The user manual gives a detailed image about speaker placement showing where to place center, sub and other speakers in a theater. If you are using it as front speakers, place them 6-12’ apart. CA1, CA2, CA3, CA4, CA5, CA6, CA7, CA8, CA9, CA10, CA11, CA12, CA13, CA14, CA15, CA16, CA17, CA18, CA19, CA20, CA21, CA22, CA23, CA24, CA25, CA26, CA27, CA28. It’s worth playing around with positioning to maximise the Silvers' ability in this area. In our test room we angle them in slightly towards the listening position, which helps to firm the image up.

Placed no further than a metre from the rear and side walls in my larger listening room and toed-in a tad, its ability to fill the space with music big-boy style requiring only a modest tweak of volume from a Cambridge CXA61 integrated amp (HFC 459) is very impressive. That 90dB claimed sensitivity seems no exaggeration. When parties with loud music are permitted again, the Bronze 500 and Deep Purple will be ready and willing. As many readers will know, this British name sprung up during the UK’s hi-fi boom of the nineteen seventies. Now, nearly fifty years later, the brand is still going strong making classy, high-value hi-fi speakers – indeed, in the case of the Bronze series, they’re now into their sixth generation. This Bronze 50 standmounter is said to replace the previous era’s Bronze 1. Remarkably, listening to the 15i speakers, you never felt the difference in cabinet size, the 15i speakers provided a large and open soundstage. Pair it with speakers from Monitor Audio to create a theater system: floorstanding loudspeakers (200 / 500), bookshelf loudspeakers (100), a center-channel loudspeaker (150), a surround loudspeaker (FX), a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker module (AMS), and a powered subwoofer (W10). Cost

Sound Quality

I thought the 50s would be…fine. OK. Decent. No. They are much more than that. They are brilliant little designs that will get the most from any quality budget front end you care to attach to them. For lower frequencies, the 3020i speakers tipped the Gorme low registers into a pigeon hole called ‘sexy’ while the Bronze 50 designs labelled the same registers as ‘emotive’. The Gorme voice via the Bronze 50s had an extra spring in their step. There was more energy. The 3020i speakers smouldered at you. The Bronze 50 speakers gazed at you with a mischievous twinkle in their eyes. There was pep and spice form the Monitor Audios. They didn’t sway their hips like the 3020i speakers, the 50s were on their toes, ready to leap and bound and tap dance across the stage like Gene Kelly. To ensure reliable, undamaged delivery of televisions - TVs will now be shipped on a pallet service with DX Freight, TNT, or Epic Logistics, rather than with our standard next working day courier. Monitor Audio signature C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter upgraded with the new Uniform Dispersion (UD) Waveguide for an incredibly lifelike sound At Peter Tyson we pride ourselves on prompt, efficient delivery. Please note that the daily cut off time for all next day delivery services is 3pm.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment