276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seiko Men's Analogue Automatic Watch Seiko 5 Sports

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although we do our best to ensure our pictures and descriptions explain our products as clearly as possible, sometimes you may find that when your item arrives it's not quite as you expected, or you may have simply changed your mind. For over 50 years, Seiko 5 Sports has delivered consistently high levels of reliability, durability, performance and value, endearing them to lovers of mechanical watches worldwide. Applied onto the dial are high-polish hour indices with luminous fills. In this case, the luminous material is green Seiko LumiBrite that shines very brightly even after only spending a few minutes in direct sunlight. It would appear that the watch has worked its way off the display cushion while in transit so I am very sorry for this. If the watch has been damaged by this we can arrange for it to be returned for a replacement. I can see from our system that this Seiko was delivered in to us from Seiko UK on Dec 2nd and is a brand new item. Please note that Seiko don't use as many covers as other watch manufacturers as they send them to us in bulk using polythene bags and the presentation boxes are sent separately. We then take the watch out of the polythene bag and put it on the display cushion in the official box before sending.

Ensuring that this watch stays strapped to your wrist is a very secure double-button release folding clasp. While it’s stamped steel and perhaps a bit “jangly”, the clasp will not open unless the two buttons are depressed so there are no concerns of this watch flying off your wrist if you’re engaging in some sort of extreme activity.The full bracelet is quite long so it’s likely that you’ll have to size it down to fit your wrist properly. Unfortunately, if you’ve never adjusted a pin bracelet before, perhaps it’s best to take it to a local watchmaker or jeweler to have it done for you for a small fee. This SBSA005 (and the SRPD55K1) comes equipped with a three-link stainless steel bracelet. Like the case, the bracelet also has a brushed finish on its top side and high polish on the sides of the bracelet. It comes in a good box, with instructions to set date & time and the guarantee. Being a Seiko I expect it to last a long time and with it's distinctive colour remain a talking point. I’d argue that, when devising the 5 Sports collection, Seiko began with a subtly-colored piece such as this SBSA005 and then expanded into other bracelets, dial/bezel colors, case coatings and more. Considering this, I don’t think it’s unfair to say that this watch is the epitome of the Seiko 5 Sports collection. As the UK's leading luxury watch retailer, we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible prices across our branded products. Our Price Match Promise guarantees that if you find any of our jewellery or watches at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will provide an instant price match for you.

You can always look for videos online on how to size a Seiko 5 Sports bracelet but it does take some skill and tools. That being said, perhaps this relatively affordable Seiko is not a bad watch to practice on and learn how to do it yourself. What this means is that the top side of the case and lugs are brushed steel while the sides or flanks of the case and lugs are in a high polish finish. Where these two contrasting finished meet is a delicate bevel or edge that softens what would otherwise be a stark angle. Note: The model used for this review, the Seiko SBSA005, possesses a specific reference number that denotes it as a Made in Japan iteration. This same style is available under a different reference SRPD55K1 when it is not made in Japan. The differences between a Japanese market version of this model and the international market version are minimal and only cosmetic. Throughout this review, I’ll note when there is an aspect unique to this Made in Japan model. We are also able to offer an exchange to a different product if required, please specify this when returning your product.

Further Reading

Lastly, the lugs possess lugs holes that make it a breeze to change the bracelet or strap. In fact, I was able to change the bracelet on this SBSA005 with just a paperclip. Changing the length of the bracelet, i.e. removing links, is a whole different story (more on this later.) Diver’s Bezel Watch sizing can only be generally carried out on watches with metal bracelets, steel, titanium, gold, etc. We understand the importance of sizing the length of your watch bracelet or strap to provide the perfect fit. Our simple to use watch sizing guide allows you to measure the size of your wrist from the comfort of your own home. In this review, I’ll be taking a close look at this affordable and robust Seiko dive watch via the following categories: The mechanism within the watch is 4R36 automatic movement which is built in house and the calibre is comprised of 24 Jewels and a 41-hour power reserve.

The Seiko 5 Sport series was first released in 1963, its creation aimed at providing stylish yet affordable automatic watches to the younger generation of the 60s. 50 years later, the Seiko 5 Sport has been reborn, each model showcasing the key traits of the original models as well as new, updated features.

The Seiko 4R36 Movement

Movement Caliber Number 4R36 Movement Type Automatic with manual winding Power reserve Approx. 41 hours Jewels 24 Functions If you require an extra large bracelet or you are in need of additional links these may be supplied at an additional cost. Unlike many automatic watches, this model comes with a Seconds-Stop function which allows the wearer to completely halt the movement within the watch. Matching the finish of the hour indices are the center hands which themselves are quite large and therefore make it very easy to read the time. They also bring an attractive symmetry to the dial as the hour indices are also oversized. Indeed with Seiko dive watches legibility has never been an issue and this SBSA005 is no different.

I could write a lot of good things about this watch but all I have to say is WOW!!! Oh by the way company name is spot on FIRST CLASS indeed. Additional details of note on the dial are the new Seiko 5 Sports logo at 12 and the italicized Automatic text at 6, both of which are in silver.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment