276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Mushroom: Judgment Day

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The synopsis is so vague and honestly sounded too weird for me to bother reading, but HOLY SMOKES am I so glad I did. Considering I've been neglecting my sleep and instead reading this for 8 hours straight and could not stop for the life of me. There's a few points that don't quite make this book a 5 stars to me. Book two has a lot of science talk that I struggled to grasp as a non-science person. I was incredibly invested in the main pairing's relationship but although I liked their romance, it didn't feel "romantic" to me. The epilogue chapters were also a bit confusing to read in terms of writing style and I felt like they could have been developed more. An Zhe didn't speak. His entire body moved in An Ze's direction. He held An Ze's shoulder with his newly grown human arm and a large number of mycelium came and piled up beside An Ze, supporting An Ze's crumbling body. This old thing was mentioned again. An Zhe was still worried about Lu Feng raising the spore to death and then he suddenly remembered the appearance of the spore. Neither was a good thing. He didn’t know and could only say, “I gave birth to it.” Only humans can enter the human base and you can't escape the judge's eye." An Ze coughed a few times before taking a hard breath. "Don't go… little mushroom."

An Zhe began life as a little mushroom. He tried to save an injured human, An Ze, but failed. In the end, he fed on An Ze’s body and absorbed his genes in the Abyss where it was his home and became a human that looked exactly like An Ze. He also inherited his memories, his ID card and his belongings. Due to his special property of being an inert mushroom, the other living mutant beings were not interested in him unless they fed on mushrooms. Although An Zhe looked 100% human, he was still a mushroom which possessed mycelium and could change form from human to white mycelium (soft white thread-like roots of a fungi). To humans, he was a heterogenous species. Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997

Recent Posts

I love the little mushroom as a POV character, because of the alien way he sees the human world and the process of him learning about himself and his emotions. I love how the book explores the concept of the greater good, and the price one has to pay to achieve it. It really digs deep into the philosophy of humanity - is it worth it to survive as a species, if we lose all the good that made us human to begin with? You’ve got to read it! Kudos to the translator, Rainbow Turtle who translated this awesome novel!!!

i love how emotionally deep the relationship between an zhe and lu feng is. to an zhe, he understands lu feng's loneliness because of his position in society. because of that, he desired for lu feng not to experience any more grief than he already had, so he always protected him in his own way. lu feng is also like that. he learned to depend on an zheng, making him the sole "judge" of his life. after being the arbriter, never once did the people he tried to protect reach out to him for help because their initial reaction upon seeing him was fear and avoidance. so when an zhe asked him for help, he was delighted (my baby). Lu Feng: the Judge, the Colonel, the supposed Bad Guy. He goes around shooting people (who are rightfully infected), and your first impression of him isn't really the best but then you realize JUST HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HIM. Him constantly teasing AZ was perfection and the light in all the darkness that was this book. He distances himself from everyone, hiding behind a mask of indifference, unfeeling to the death and suffering surrounding him. We have no idea what's going on inside his head, whether he feels anything, and whether he'll ever go mad from all the lives he's taken. However, as An Zhe gets closer to him, we realize how selfless he is, constantly sacrificing himself for the sake of humanity, never scared of facing death. And soon he comes to care for this little heterogenous, something impossible for a judge, tasked with ridding the human world of anything that isn't human. But like An Zhe said, he really is a good person. In the year 2020, Earth’s magnetic poles disappeared and humankind was nearly wiped out by cosmic radiation. Within the span of a hundred years, living creatures began to mutate and devour each other while the remaining humans, numbering in the tens of thousands, struggled bitterly in their man-made bases.La especie humana se ha empeñado en descubrir el por qué de cada cosa, en nombrar todo, crear sistemas y amoldar el mundo para su conveniencia y beneficio, pero ¿Qué pasaría si el mundo cambiase y de un momento a otro, nada fuese de la forma en que lo conocemos?

He fell on Lu Feng, forehead against this person’s shoulder. It was hard to describe his mood at this moment but he felt like his heart was being held tightly by one hand. Intense pain drowned him and warm liquid poured out of his eyes. He knew that he was crying, knew that it was tears—something that only humans could possess. However, he felt it for the first time—the feeling that his heart was being torn into pieces. The cave was long and winding. The vines were piled up on the cave walls and pushed each other. As An Zhe passed through the cave, they receded and occupied the top of the cave. Up north and down south, his eyes went all the way up. Above the brightly coloured map was a pure white area marked by a red five-pointed star. The right side of the five-pointed star had the name of this area: Northern Base.In this futuristic apocalyptic world where mutant giant meat-eating plants, insects and beasts roamed the earth, the weak human species fought hard for survival in this living hell.

A human hand suddenly grasped An Zhe's mycelium. The human had used a lot of strength and his gasping became more rapid. In the Abyss, home to the mutated xenogenics, there lived a sentient little mushroom. Because it had been nourished by the blood and flesh of the deceased human An Ze, not only did it take on a similar-looking human form, but a similar name as well: An Zhe. Reading Little Mushroom reminded me so much of reading Sha Po Lang and Can Ci Pin by Priest, since these novels required brain cells because of the complexity. This novel is a heavy Sci-Fi novel with a lot of science terms and it made me feel so dumb, but it's great! This has an apocalypse setting with mutated creatures rather than zombies. Humanity was about to go extinct and the desperation to survive is quite palpable throughout the novel. The story is heavy and emotional. I felt hopeless myself at one point, thinking how can they survive this world. In addition, we were told that there’s only a 1 in 1000 chance of an infected person retaining their human consciousness, but here we see A) 1 in 1000 is actually quite a lot of people, considering the original human population size, and B) the number goes up further if you consider those who “lose themselves” for a while but then recover. It turns out there is a whole group of these people who have formed a sort of commune in the wilderness around an old research center. Ironically, these xenogenics – who know they would have been shot on sight if they tried to return home - treat each other with much more humanity than the fearful “pure” humans inside the base. And, appropriately, it is their research – and a sacrificial act by An Zhe – that saves the world. Enjoy Little Mushroom now with ReadNovelFull, thousand of novel available here, such as Light Novel, Web novel, Korean novel...

Archives

I was blown away by this novel. It’s full of ideas and plot twists you never saw coming. I suspect some of the scientific aspects of the book are bullshits, but honestly I don’t care. I haven’t had so much fun reading a scifi book in a long, long time. at first, it's a bit slow-paced, narrating the stories of the survivors outside the base, which then suddenly turned into an angst that kept me on the edge of my seat, and just like the first book, i read this within a day. i just can't get enough of the superb worldbuilding, the political strife, humanity's struggle for survival, and humanity's kindness, which our little mushroom learned to adapt together with developing his feelings with lu feng :3 tbh i don't get the whole geomagnetic frequency thingy, but i'm here to read the story of my little mushroom and his hot colonel bf <3 I… won’t give it to you.” He reached out to protect his belly, his voice trembling violently as he cried out intermittently, “I hate… you.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment