276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (includes UltraViolet copy) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]

£19£38Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Inside 'Breaking Bad' – 'Live Free or Die' (1080i, 5:24, Disc 1) – Each of the 'Inside' featurettes that carries the title of the actual episode as a sub-title is a spoiler-filled recap of said episode. To avoid repetition, I will also refrain from explaining what's contained in these 'Inside' segments. But just because Gus is gone, it doesn't mean that other problems aren't going to arise. As we saw in her last scene from season four, Walt's wife Skylar (Anna Gunn) no longer views her husband the same way. She will continue to launder his dirty money through their car wash, but she's no longer happily cooperating and she's going to fight Walt's will until his - or her - dying breath. Inside 'Breaking Bad' – On the Season 5 Set with Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul (1080i, 1:26, Disc 1) – Again, this is a short spoiler-free tease where the two principles beat around the bush regarding their new method of cooking. Nothing Stops This Train (HD, 15:38, Disc 2) – For me, there's one episode in each season that stands out above the others. In season three, it was the parking lot shootout between Hank and The Cousins. In season four, it was Gus' finale. For season five, it's episode 505, which turns out was a logistical nightmare due to the desert conditions, the train – parked or moving – and technical difficulties. This featurette covers it all. The shoot. The problems. The stunts. The special effects.

Scene Stealer: Betsy Brandt as Marie Schrader – A look at the character Marie Schrader and the woman who plays her, Betsy Brandt. The Blu-ray cover art contains the text "All Hail the King" emboldened on the front. This isn't a praise that we, the audience, give to Mr. White. No, it's a praise that he gives to himself. Having defeated the one man that very well may have been smarter than himself, Walt is out of control. As we see, it's his way or the highway. There isn't a trace of Mr. White in Walt anymore – it's all Heisenberg from here on out. It's always been obvious that this series is all about the erosion of good man. At this point, the once-good man no longer exists and, in comparison, Jesse begins to look like a saint. Walter White may no longer have cancer, but he is a cancer. He brings death, ruining lives and families wherever he goes. His intentions were good in the start, but that's no longer the case. The character that I once rooted for is becoming so evil that I cannot wait to see him meet his demise – assuming that's where showrunner, creator, and writer Vince Gilligan is taking the series.

Side guide

Inside 'Breaking Bad' – The Cast Looks Ahead (1080i, 3:49, Disc 1) – The cast discuss the new Walter White (a.k.a. Heisenberg), describe the darker changes with the new series and talk about the rise and decline of a man. More than anything, this feature is a spoiler-free tease for what's to come in season five. Deleted Scenes: 'Jesse James' (HD, 2:04, Disc 2) – Hear Walt's awesome recounting of heist history prior to performing one of his own.

Episode 411 Deleted Scene (SD, 1 min.) - Less than a minute long, this clip belongs in the final cut. It shows Jesse's reaction to seeing Gus visit "Tio." Commentary with Vince Gilligan, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Laura Fraser, Michelle MacLaren and William "W" Gilpin - Did you know that Vince Gilligan wrote 'Home Fries' and that there's a 'Home Fries' easter egg in this episode? Cast Chemistry (HD, 6 min.) - This feature breaks down the relationship of Walt and Jesse from the very first episode to now. It also describes how well Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul play off one another. The dark series includes an exceptional ensemble cast with Anna Gunn (TV’s “Deadwood”), Dean Norris (TV’s “Under the Dome”), Betsy Brandt ( TV’s “Michael J. Fox Show”), RJ Mitte and Bob Odenkirk ( The Spectacular Now).

Season five doesn't feel like a complete season (which I why I'm assuming the cover art doesn't follow suit with the previous season releases by titling it 'The Complete Fifth Season'), but that doesn't mean that it isn't filled with greatness. There are plenty of extremely memorable moments – for the good or bad of the characters – and it's completely entertaining through and through. Starting with the season's opening tease, there are plenty of puzzling twists and ominous foreshadowing. The episodes found on this Blu-ray set might have been strengthened by running fluidly with the final eight, but at least this set allows you to catch up and get refreshed prior to the August 11, 2013 premiere.

In addition to releasing the complete set on Blu-ray, SPHE will release BREAKING BAD: THE FINAL SEASON on both Blu-ray and DVD with UltraViolet ™ on Nov. 26. The final season includes the series’ final eight episodes and is loaded with special features, including all-new featurettes, cast and crew commentaries, deleted scenes and more. Episodes include: Blood Money, Buried, Confessions, Rabid Dog, To’hajiilee, Ozymandias, GraniteState and Felina.Inside 'Breaking Bad' (HD, 22 min.) - Five more episode-based featurettes are included here, each covering one of the episodes found on Disc 2. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. Bad Memories – Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul talk about the show ending and some of their favorite moments. Inside 'Breaking Bad' – Making of Episode 504: 'Fifty-One' (1080i, 4:27, Disc 1) – Anna Gunn was the highlight of a great underwater scene in this episode. See how she put her fears aside and the great shots were pulled off.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment