276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Bullet That Missed: (The Thursday Murder Club 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Except trouble is never far away where the Thursday Murder Club are concerned. A local news legend is on the hunt for a sensational headline, and soon the gang are hot on the trail of two murders, ten years apart. THE THIRD NOVEL IN THE RECORD-BREAKING, MILLION-COPY BESTSELLING THURSDAY MURDER CLUB SERIES BY RICHARD OSMAN The Bullet That Missed is a mystery about two murders: one in the past and one that hasn’t yet taken place. The residents of Cooper’s Chase Retirement Village are on the case, creating chaos and drama in their attempt to solve the crimes. The joy of reading Osman’s novel is being immersed in the antics the characters get themselves into. Osman’s prose is clever and hysterically funny. Yes, it’s fun to try and solve the mysteries, but the true delight is being a part of their inner musings, the hijinks they get themselves into. Bogdan? Not our Bogdan Jankowski? He’s a regular friend of the group, a slightly younger Polish ‘associate’, you might say, who has been very helpful at digging up graves and such in the past. A handy chap, to say the least. Why does Connie want to kill him?

I had a hankering for a cozy mystery, now that I’m on that bandwagon, and what better than one of Richard Osman’s Thursday Murder Club sleuths? I haven’t had the pleasure of being with the four septuagenarian sleuths in a long time. While Elizabeth wrestles with her conscience (and a gun), Joyce, Ron, and Ibrahim chase down the clues with help from old friends and new. But can the gang solve the mystery and save Elizabeth before the murderer strikes again? Elizabeth continues to show us not only her grit but also her softer side, as she grapples with her beloved husband’s dementia, and realizes that she now considers Joyce to be her best friend! ABOUT 'THE BULLET THAT MISSED': It is an ordinary Thursday, and things should finally be returning to normal. But, you know Elizabeth-she doesn’t even flinch as she takes care of the threat with a little help from her friends.Well the Fab Four can’t wait to get to work on this case Ibrahim goes to the prison to ask Connie Johnson some questions but is not speaking to anyone. Whatever happens tonight, she would be sad to leave Mike Waghorn behind. He is a good friend. A kind and funny man. That's why the viewers love him. I love the 4 main characters and their voices. I love that they're old but instead of sitting around talking about the good old days, they're still out there squeezing every last drop out of life. I thought it was a lot of fun, but I mostly just treat it like an amuse-bouche; something to enjoy and feel good about, without putting a great deal of thought into its components. I'm not going to be a downer and point them out; besides, Osman kind of does that for us:

It was best to grab everything while you could. Who knows when your final swim might come, your final walk, your final kiss? Each book in the Thursday Murder Club series gets better and better. The mysteries are more intricately plotted and there are more interesting characters introduced. She writes her message and presses send. He won't reply tonight; it's late. That's probably for the best. She can hear his voice now: 'Who texts at ten p.m.? Millennials and sex pests, that's who.' Mike knows the story she is working on. He doesn't know the details - a reporter has to keep her secrets - but he knows it's a risky one. He's there if she needs him, but there are some things you have to do alone.And, Ibrahim and Ron continue to become more vulnerable as they grow confident by the loyal friendship that this Club has given to all four members. The one small gripe I have is that this one might have run a little too long, and occasionally the pacing lagged, just a tiny bit- but of course, there is always something going on and my attention was never divided- it just felt like it took me a while to finish the book, this time around. But that’s a very small quibble.

Besides this mystery, Elizabeth has had an “encounter” with a man they are calling “The Viking”. He has a proposition for Elizabeth, he wants a certain person killed or else he will kill her and one of her friends. I read book one and listened to book two. The narrator for book two was so good and I was looking forward to her narration of book three. But instead we got another awesome narrator who made this story even better. I just cannot get enough of these characters and this series!I love these characters: Elizabeth whose husband Stephen is slowly succumbing to dementia; Joyce and her dog Alan; Bogdan who provides muscle when needed and unobtrusively babysits Stephen when Elizabeth is otherwise occupied. If you’ve met septuagenarians Elizabeth, Joyce, Ron and Ibrahim in the first two books, you know there’s no question they’ll get the job done - even if a few rules get bent here and there! Along for the ride are DCI Donna deFreitas and DCI Chris Hudson, lovable Bogdan, and an ever-growing cast of old and new characters. Septuagenarians Elizabeth, Joyce, Ron and Ibrahim are investigating the decade old unsolved murder of TV news show co-host and journalist Bethany Waites where things seem...well, suspicious. The victim's body was never found and all the cash, from a money laundering scheme Bethany was hotly researching for a story, has never been located. A bit fishy, wouldn't you say?

But Bethany dreams of more, and maybe this is her chance. A dangerous chance, but a chance all the same. The Bullet That Missed is book #3 in the Thursday Murder club series. The unique, eccentric characters make this series a must-read, and this installment is no exception.The police, Chris and Donna, are regulars, as is Patrice, Donna’s mother. But I digress. Elizabeth has a job to do, and she has to find a way to do it – murder an old Russian foe. Excellent story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment