276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Don't Take Requests: WINNER OF THE ATTITUDE AWARD 'If you want to change your life...read this book.' TRACEY EMIN

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When Tony started going out I never worried about him, but I did tell him: “Don’t ever walk home on your own at 3am. You can, of course, do what I just said – lean over, and get the person asking for the request to shout in your ear. I remember coming back and I was with my friend Nick and we had been out for three days, and everyone was packing up the villa to go home - and when I came back I was like ‘hi everyone’ and they were like ‘where the fuck have you been, we’re leaving’ and I was confused like ‘what do you mean? His new memoir, I Don’t Take Requests, charts his ascent from difficult beginnings to kingpin of the 80s and 90s club scene, his drug addiction, HIV diagnosis, rehab and recovery.

Requests When DJing - Digital DJ Tips How To Handle Requests When DJing - Digital DJ Tips

The notice might already be in your contract - for example, it might say your company is closed on public holidays. Emerging into the club scenes of London, New York and Ibiza in the early eighties, DJFT bounced around the globe like a home-made bomb. And not to invite the entire contents of a club back home on a Monday morning - because they don’t leave for three days.We all knew we were breaking the law, and we all knew what we were doing, and we knew that we could get away with it because there was such a big mass of people. I learned acceptance, but I also learned how to love myself, learn from myself and learn how to learn from others. You might also be able to make a claim for discrimination if you think the reason they’re refusing your holiday request is discriminatory - like if they treated you unfairly or differently because of your race. The drugs we were taking were so pure and so free, when you dropped your first E, it was a different form of MDMA.

Life lessons with DJ Fat Tony - Features - Mixmag

Then suddenly, when you’re transported to a facility and there’s 19 other people, it’s all about them and you, you know quickly it’s not just about you. Also, you really shouldn’t have to take abuse – so speak to the venue before you play about what to do if people are hassling you too much. Watch the lesson for the reveal, and see the boxout below for more info on the AIAIAI wireless speakers and headphones featured in the show. Now, he is 14 years sober and, alongside working to help others overcome addiction, DJing for everyone from Elton John to Louis Vuitton and the Beckhams – and running one of lockdown’s most popular Instagram accounts with its wickedly funny memes. Hamas claims IDF strike has hit Jabalia refugee camp for a second day in a row - after Israel's air force.

Robbie Williams reveals he once 'slashed his wrists' in a bid to end his life and didn't sleep for 144 HOURS. The emotional cry of murdered Yousef Makki's sister: I kept my promise mum… It took four years but now. Since becoming sober 15 years ago, he’s forged a career as fashion’s go-to DJ and an LGBTQ+ activist. Actor Noel Clarke says he is 'satisfied' after judge rules allegations of sexual misconduct against 20 women.

requests EMILY PRESCOTT: DJ Fat Tony refuses to do song requests

The book’s account of AIDS rampaging through the gay community in London in the middle years of the 1980s, for example, is compellingly well-judged. Tony would come down every Tuesday and shave him – he wouldn’t let me do it, he took care of me in that way.DJ Fat Tony has been described as 'the closest thing that club culture has to a national treasure' and the 'unlikely cult hero of quarantine'.

Coke with Freddie Mercury, telling Madonna to eff off: the

British Soap Awards are CANCELLED: ITV make surprise announcement ceremony will not take place next year. Tony's book is also the most intimate portrayal of his addiction to drugs and sex and his fightback from the depths of addiction to being a clean DJ who advocates for sobriety while continuing to tour the world, playing everything from Donatella Versace's birthday party to superclubs in Ibiza to dirty raves in London.

Remember that you don’t have to play them immediately – Certainly, don’t change your mind about that transition you’re about to do, just because a request has come in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment