276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makita HS7601J/2 240V 190mm Circular Saw Supplied in a Makpac Case

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cutting through the oak timber was surprisingly easy. I expected a lot from a corded saw with 1,200 Watts of power, but this was still better than I expected. I think the weight of the saw and the large, smooth, and heavy aluminium baseplate really helped as well. At the end of the day, the people’s opinion is what matters. Those who use it day in, day out. And that’s why I like to include a section on how people are finding it. The rear angle guide and the bevel capacity of 45 degrees is one that makes it so easy to cut anything exactly the way you want to If the tool is faulty within 30 days of buying it, we will arrange for its collection at no cost to you and supply a replacement.

This is a heavy saw. There’s no other that you could have so many solid, chunky components without it adding to the weight. It’s still lighter than the Evolution saw, but if you’re planning on using this tool all day, you’ll get a workout.

Here’s the low-down on the Makita HS7601J/2

And because it has been marketed for both pros and DIY enthusiasts, they have covered it in aluminum and that means safety if you are new to this.

The Makita HS7601J circular saw is one of the more affordable ones that Makita produce. It doesn’t mean that it’s not a high-performance bit of kit though. It’s solid, extremely sturdy, and feels like it will last for decades of reasonable DIY use. Harmadik féltől származó sütik Ezek a sütik harmadik féltől származó sütik, amelyekről és partnereinkről itt olvashat bővebben . The Makita HS7601J circular saw is first and foremost a dependable workhorse. Favoured by professional tradespeople for its reliability, it’s built to last and extremely capable. I tested this saw out because it’s more than enough for the home DIYer and comes with a brilliant hard case to boot. Everything about this saw screams heavy duty and extreme durability. There are no flimsy plastic parts that look like they’ll snap if you look at them too hard. It feels like it’s built for a tradesperson as much as a DIYer. This is not a lightweight saw. It’s a heavy beast, but that’s because everything on it’s built like a tank. And like a tank, it feels ready to take on just about any type of timber you can throw at it. Személyre szabott hirdetések Ezeknek a sütiknek köszönhetően mi és partnereink az Ön vásárlásai, viselkedése és preferenciái alapján releváns és személyre szabott termékeket és szolgáltatásokat tudunk Önnek felkínálni.Analitikai sütik Ezek az Ön tevékenységeinek nyomon követésére szolgálnak adatelemzés céljából, mint például a reklámozás hatékonyságának értékelése, személyre szabott tartalom felajánlása./span> There’s cutting power in spades to play with. I didn’t notice any slowdown at all when making multiple crosscuts in the 38 mm deep CLS. It felt the same when making a series of 45° as well. The 46 mm maximum cut depth at 45° is generous enough for standard 2 x 4” constructional lumber with blade length left to spare. Well, I am happy and also bewildered that I cannot come up with anything bad to say about this and that is why the people have been so happy to buy this one. The base plate is made of aluminum and the cover too, which means if you cut yourself with this, you are either clumsy or you want to!

The saw has been constructed with double insulation and this will make it easy to use for both DIY people and professionals To be honest, this is a machine that holds its own when compared to other saws. There are saws that are designed for professional work and pro handlers and we have the ones that can be used by anyone who want to DIY.Well, everyone seems to think that everything about this saw is good. You will hear them mention the high rpm, the bevel’s angle and the way that the aluminum covers everything to make sure that you are safe from any freak failures. There are so many things to say about the Makita HS7601J/2 and all of them are positive because even with all those features, it is cheaper than the rest. What’s the Downside…? The Makita HS7601J circular saw cut through the constructional timber like it wasn’t there. The large motor on the left hand side means you need to think about your hand position if you’re using a roofing square though. It slides over it easily enough, but you need to flatten your hand like a snooker player cueing up for a difficult shot.

The next material to test out was some English oak I had milled up a couple of years ago. It was nice and dry and much harder than the CLS I had. Again, I made a series of 0° and 45° bevelled cuts to see how good the finish was and to gauge how well the saw would cut. A sütik feldolgozásával kapcsolatos beleegyezését visszavonhatja. A sütik vállalatunk általi feldolgozása kapcsán Önnek joga van a következőkhöz is: hozzáférni a sütikhez, törölni a sütiket, módosítani, hozzáadni és javítani a sütiket, korlátozni a feldolgozást, és joga van panaszt benyújtani a Nemzeti Adatvédelmi és Információszabadság Hatóságához. Több információ a jogairól. The finish left on the CLS I cut wasn’t exactly clean. The internal fibres of the wood were left smooth, but there was a little more tear out and some fibres left on the top edge of the cut. I’d put this extra mess down to the more aggressive blade that comes with this saw.A sütik feldolgozásának elfogadásával nélkülözhetetlen és analitikai sütik kerülnek telepítésre eszközére, amelyeket a weboldal megtekintéséhez használ (az "Értem" gombra kattintva mindkét kategóriát elfogadja, vagy kiválaszthhatja a kategóriák közül csak az egyiket a "Beállítások" gombra kattintva). A technikai sütiket mindig telepítjük az eszközére, az Ön beleegyezése nélkül is, mert ezek nélkül a weboldalunk nem működne. Comparing the best circular saws called for a lot of side by side testing. The best way I could make a fair evaluation of these tools is to put them through what an average DIYer might do. Starting off with some regular constructional timber, I made a series of simple 0° cross cuts then did the same at 45°, to strain the motor a little more. One of the biggest tool manufacturers in the world, Makita is also one of the few truly independent brands left. With more than a century of service, their recognisable green drills and saws can be found in workshops and sheds around the World. Tartalom személyre szabása Ezek a sütik lehetővé teszik számunkra, hogy az Önről rendelkezésre álló információk alapján tartalmakat és hirdetéseket jelenítsünk meg Önnek, hogy a lehető legjobban ki tudjuk elégíteni az Ön igényeit. Ez legfőképpen ahhoz kapcsolódik, hogy milyen tartalmat tekintett meg, illetve milyen eszközzel lépett be az oldalunkra. One issue I came across when making 45° cuts is that the end of the blade guard scores a line into the timber on the left of the cut line. Seeing as it’s made from cast aluminium, it’s hard enough to mark the surface of soft wood when you’re pushing the saw across the surface.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment