276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Just Got Real: The gripping revenge comedy and Sunday Times bestseller 2023

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A deliciously compelling story of romance and revenge. Just Got Real is intelligent, funny, and sharply observed. Be prepared to read in one sitting! * LUCY CLARKE *

Joni daren't confess her lie. Yet unable to stop thinking about what might have been, she hatches a plan to 'meet' Ant in real life without revealing who she really is.

Diaries & Calendars

I also thought that this story could have benefited from being more fast paced. And having more Lucas in it. I loved the way the friendship blossomed between him and Joni but I understood the focus was on the friendship between the three wronged women. Ingenious. Her eye for detail, compressed emotion and the absurdity that lurks beneath what people say to each other, is unerring. One of our very finest comic novelists * Tortoise Media *

Witty, funny, beautifully written and dotted with life's truths like sprinkles on a birthday cake CATHY KELLYFull of charm, excitement and the humour splashed throughout adds this certain charisma that makes it so relatable. This is the great dating app novel, red in tooth and claw, full of secret lives and lies, the story of what we will do to find love - and how far we will go when that longing is cruelly betrayed. This I cannot wait for. She is such a sharp-eyed observer of modern vanities, but I like that her starting point comes from a place of curiosity rather than judgment. After all, she knows what it is like to be scrutinised herself – all those red-carpet industry gong-fests on Gervais’s arm. “I’ve got a lot better at it. I think if you look at photos from the beginning, I was looking quite awkward. I realised that the worst thing you can look in photos is self-conscious, so I learned to fake a bit of confidence.” Fake tan also helps, she says, and learning which dress shapes suit her body type (she often wears Alexander McQueen and her Dries Van Noten number for the 2020 Golden Globes was a stunner). “I know what suits me… I don’t have boobs and I don’t have great, long legs, but I do have a waist. And my shoulders and arms are OK!” Her best yet! Ingenious and entertaining as ever but this book has a lot of WARMTH and HEART' MARIAN KEYES Het begint allemaal heel leuk. Joni heeft een datingprofiel, maar ze gebruikt dus de foto's van haar zus. Dan leert ze de knappe Ant kennen. Uiteindelijk leert ze hem kort daarna 'spontaan' in het echt kennen, zonder dat hij weet dat ze al eerder met elkaar op de datingapp hebben gesproken.

What a fab read! I literally couldn’t put it down and I would have finished it earlier if I hadn’t had a migraine. The whole “just one more chapter” certainly applies to this book. Jane is known as the revenge queen, but I really think the dialogue queen is more fitting, because the dialogue is truly masterful in this book. Jane's skillful use of razor sharp dialogue really brings every character to life, and makes the scenes so vivid. The story is perfectly paced, and you are guided effortlessly through the chapters.After her studies, she began working for a theatrical literary agency. After a few years there, she decided to become a freelance script reader and script editor for different theatrical productions and television, and in 1994, she advanced to become a producer on the series EastEnders. This was followed by a number of awarded series, such as This Life, 20 Things to Do Before You're 30, and Teachers. [4] A smart and funny look at the pitfalls of online dating. It provides laugh-out-loud moments . . . I've read all Jane Fallon's books! ADELE PARKS, SUN I also loved how different our three female leads were - in age, appearance and personality, each bringing something wonderful to the dynamic though. Joni is the real central character, and very easy to warm to (and relate to in many ways, apart from the gym 🤣), but I also fell for sweet widow Mary, and gobby Saffy with a heart of gold. Fallon definitely knows how to write women!

De schrijfstijl blijft wel echt fantastisch, dus als Jane weer een nieuw boek uitbrengt, ga ik die gewoon weer enthousiast lezen! The set-up is glorious - a woman who joins a dating app with a fake photo meets a man whose photo is the only real thing about him. In fact, she could well be one of the characters who populate her snappy, clever fiction that just seems to slip down like a glass of nicely chilled white wine (she’s been a fan of Fay Weldon since she was a teenager and adores writing that feels as effortless as conversation).

Recommended For You

One last question: I know it’s Fallon’s style to assiduously swerve the cliches, and the sugar-coated happy endings in her fiction; so what I’d really like to know is the secret of maintaining a long-term partnership between two equally potent force fields in real life? I love the plot, the characters even the villainous ones, the setting, the writing and the sweet punishment for the wrong doings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment