276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross: A study of the nature and origins of Christianity within the fertility cults of the ancient Near East

£9.865£19.73Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In October 2008, Jan Irvin published The Holy Mushroom: Evidence of Mushrooms in Judeo-Christianity which was the first book to present texts which supported Allegro’s theory. Perhaps because of the power to - not only make a penis erect (a source of great wonder to the ancients) - but to seemingly make a mushroom emerge out of the ground (“erect”). Very compelling hypothesis about Mushrooms in Sumer supported by linguistic evidences, but to me it felt like too much at some point.

Many of the names and events can, supposedly, be traced back to the names of mushrooms or fertility cult rituals. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because it's very dense and it would take a PhD in linguistics to fully evaluate the author's claims, so I'm left not really knowing how much of the book to believe.

We understand that not everyone can donate right now, but if you can afford to contribute, we promise it will be put to good use. No, it was to prove that mushrooms are a gatekeeper to a wealth of silent knowledge which may or may not have brought about Christianity.

Well, on a more somber note, the book’s author has some brilliant but gut wrenching insights in places. There are a lot of relations drawn and conclusions made about things, that really lack any evidence, except for justification of specific world view. Allegro was entrusted with the publication of 4Q158–4Q186, a collection of fragments which mainly contained exemplars of a unique kind of commentary on biblical works known as pesharim.Telling the people that the Earth was the center of the universe even when Galileo said it wasn't and look what they did to him. Those who believe this truth will find a far more lasting peace than any psychedelic mushroom could ever offer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment