276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frankie Said

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The production values and ideals inspired a generation and changed the course of pop music production as a whole. So, whilst it may have been cute to have some raw live Frankie, I love the way they’ve tricked us and that the laugh is on me, but also on them.

That is, the disc comes in a jewel case, with a minimal booklet, all of which is housed in a nice cardboard sleeve. According to Mark Ward, he had been trying to make it sound decent enough to get onto said Japanese set (due to the master tapes not being accessible to them), and hadn't realised that he was using the "wrong" version.Whilst there isn’t anything mind-blowingly rare on here, what makes this a better compilation than 2009’s ‘Frankie Say Greatest’ compilation is that is feels like it was compiled by an aficionado and not a marketing guy or an accountant.

I know she won't want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease – she was a bright shining star and I hope that’s how she can be remembered instead.The song, their cover of Springsteen’s ‘Born to Run’, sounded just like the album version from ‘Welcome to the Pleasuredome’ but with some added ambient reverb to give the effect of it being played live in a TV studio, as this version was billed as being a recording from epic Channel 4 pop show of the day, ‘ The Tube‘. We get the same three versions of Relax (standard, ‘live’ and ‘laser’) the great Godley and Creme directed Two Tribes and The Power of Love, as well as the long version of Welcome To The Pleasuredome.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment