276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Rig

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Martin says: "On an oil rig, to an extent, there are two worlds – there’s the management, but they’re in the dry and the warm, and then there’s the guys outside, covered in oil and getting their hands dirty, so there’s a lot of tension. But when it comes down to it, it's really those pacing and tonal issues which stop The Rig from being a slam dunk. While the perspective could completely change to focus on those on the mainland, the thread of the Kinloch needs to follow through to make any potential storylines convincing.

With the revelation that Pictor has known about the Ancestor's existence for a long time, there's no telling how much more backstory there is left to explore. Starring Martin Compston, Emily Hampshire, and Iain Glen, the dynamics between the crew descend into life-or-death trauma by the season finale. Still, Macpherson and his team strove to ensure that their portrayal of how things work on a rig is as realistic as possible. David Macpherson shares the writing credits for the show with Matthew Jacobs Morgan and Meg Salter, each of whom is credited for one episode.Hindus , who have children , young , consider this as a father , who knows that our holy scripts has all the required prayers that needs to be done for a free path for our children. If not, and this remains comparable to a somewhat overstretched Doctor Who story writ large - well, there's nothing wrong with that either. Large parts of this series feel like some truly preposterous sci-fi with extravagant window-dressing - absolutely nothing wrong with that, some of the best series are.

When I read it - because I knew nothing about rigs or that industry - I did think it was similar in the way that you go into this bubble with these people who you have to become close with instantly and then you're going to leave. And that’s before anyone finds out that Fulmer is crossing the Them/Us divide on the regular with the Company’s representative Rose (Schitt’s Creek’s Emily Hampshire, looking uncomfortable in a so far underwritten role.Of course, we know it’s the fog and some type of supernatural thing taking hold of everything, but the when and the how were structurally built that had a great payoff.

Somebody might point out influences or visual references around it they’ve found, but, for me, in a world of remakes, prequels and sequels, it feels very original and very standalone. I'm a huge fan of television so I really have found the perfect job, as I've been writing about TV shows, films and interviewing major television, film and sports stars for over 25 years. NSC primarily supplies geological materials to businesses and academic institutions around the world, is now providing 17 meters of authentic core for the set of The Rig, along with specialized maps. See our first look pictures with The Rig cast members Emily Hampshire and Martin Compston at the Leith studios.

The industry up there just feels like it's thriving and [on previous jobs] people would come up to the location shoots - I've even done that myself on a big location movie - and then we come down and do the studio down south.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment