276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All Her Fault: The breathlessly twisty Sunday Times bestseller everyone is talking about

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Andrea Mara writes tension well. As a reader you are constantly kept on tenterhooks as you are slowly drip-fed snippets of information that send you off down various rabbit holes, almost inevitably reaching the very wrong conclusion. All Her Fault is Andrea Mara’s UK debut and, although her books are very much based in an Irish setting, the subject matter could be anywhere. Losing a child in a supermarket or at a playground is a very traumatic event in any parent’s life, but for your child to be stolen, to go missing, is just incomprehensible. Marissa’s descent into complete disarray is wonderfully captured by Andrea Mara. Her life spirals totally out of her control as the truth slowly reveals itself and we witness her fall from grace within the community. Where once she was the popular one, now it’s a question of ‘How could she? What was she thinking?’ Out of the woodwork, the trolls throw out comments about the working mother and about trusting children with strangers. Plenty of finger pointing and whispering surrounds Marissa as the once friendly neighbours begin to gossip and churn out possible scenarios. El tema en sí no es novedoso: la desaparición de un menor, pero sí la manera de estructurar la historia y crear una trama estable e inteligente. El inicio es algo lento para mi gusto, pero entiendo que es la presentación de los personajes y su desarrollo emocional en la trama. A partir de la segunda parte es imposible soltar el libro y en la tercera, mejor tener tiempo porque querréis leerla del tirón. All Her Fault is a brilliant premise, wonderfully executed . . . a taut, superbly designed suspense novel. Business Post The police are called in and a search begins. The nanny is the first port of call, but she is supposed to be off for that day, hence the convenience for Marissa of the arranged playdate. Could it be a simple mistake? Did the nanny take Milo? As Marissa starts to grasp the enormity of her situation, she experiences a fear like never before. Who would take Milo? And why?

All Her Fault by Andrea Mara | Goodreads

Sharp, sophisticated, and full of suspense - everything you need for a perfect summer read. Cara Hunter, bestselling author of CLOSE TO HOME Marissa goes to collect her young son from a playdate at a school friend’s house but when she turns up, her son is not there and the lady at the house knows nothing about it. The scene is set from the outset and I was gripped. New Sports Biographies and Autobiographies: Gift a Book for the Sports Fan In Your Life this Christmas With a genuinely terrifying opening, fans of Big Little Lies will enjoy this slice of twisty domestic noir with a distinct south Dublin flavour." - Sinéad CrowleySomeone has taken Marissa's child; the fun in this fiendishly twisting narrative is trying to work out who that might be. Irish Independent Someone has taken Marissa's child; the fun in this fiendishly twisting narrative is trying to work out who that might be.' Irish Independent A heart-stopping tale . . . Mara's stunningly original plot has its roots in the powerful emotions aroused by motherhood, leading to heartbreak and murder. Sunday Times, Crime Book of the Month Marissa is a popular mother in the school. As a partner in a local solicitor’s office, Marissa knows the finer details of the lives of many within the local community. Her husband Peter is a successful businessman and together they have a good life. They work hard and enjoy their lives. Having a nanny has allowed for both to continue working and they are surrounded by the trappings of a prosperous, and, up to now, happy marriage. Marissa is confident, a go-getter but, with Milo’s disappearance, she is a shell of her former self, unable to function, unsure of what to do. I also appreciated the addition of Irene – we don’t always get her perspective in a thriller and while I found some of the events involving her relative a bit unbelievable, I thought Irene was a solid character, which added a lot to the story. . Ditto Adeline: This added pressure added to the tension of the book.

All Her Fault - Penguin Books Australia

All Her Fault drops you straight into a nightmare scenario that plays on some of our worst fears. The delicious equivalent of a binge-watch, I powered through this book in one sitting. Think Big Little Lies meets The Undoing - I had a blast accusing everyone of everything, as each chapter introduced a new twist or revelation to undo my prior conviction. A fantastic, immersive read, proving that people behaving badly really do make for the best company! Jacqueline Bublitz, author of BEFORE YOU KNEW MY NAME Clues are dropped here and there like breadcrumbs by the author as the story unfolds, and I was prepared for red herrings, but still I was kept guessing to the end. The author manages to maintain a level of tension and intrigue throughout. The premise of this book was both tantalising and unnerving for me as a parent of young children (one of whom is a four year old boy just like the young child at the centre of this novel).

Select a format:

An intensely twisty thriller guaranteed to keep you guessing until the very end - perfect for weekend reading. New Magazine Jenny es el arquetipo de la esposa a la que su marido y suegra culpabilizan de forma implacable por trabajar fuera de casa y tener una niñera. Es reticente a tener un segundo bebé, ya que tal y como le dice a su esposo en un momento en el que estalla, tener dos hijos representará para ella el doble de trabajo y para él quedarse igual que está. What I thought was intriguing was how Andrea Mara looked at how gossip spreads and the different views people had on what had happened. Whenever there is a crime reported on in the news, people always have opinions on the people involved, openly sharing their thoughts and feelings. It can get very nasty on social media when this happens. Andrea Mara explores this very well in her book, and I liked how it increased the tension. Tres mujeres forman el reparto principal: Marisa, Jenny e Irene. Además, hay bastantes personajes secundarios que harán las delicias del lector. Nos podemos encontrar desde personajes que odias hasta otros que anhelas en tu vida. Es muy variopinto el reparto y tiene cierta similitud con la realidad. Hay muchas Sarahs en el mundo. Overall, this is such a good novel and one I’d have no hesitation in recommending to fans of the genre. Andrea Mara is a must read for me from now on!

All Her Fault [PDF] By Andrea Mara - Any Book PDF Download All Her Fault [PDF] By Andrea Mara - Any Book PDF

With a genuinely terrifying opening, fans of Big Little Lies will enjoy this slice of twisty domestic noir with a distinct south Dublin flavour. Sinead Crowley, author of ONE BAD TURN What a cleverly crafted story this is. Focusing on four different women, we are slowly drip fed snippets of information revealing the secrets at the heart of ordinary lives. The story is extremely well written and told from different characters perspectives. The characters are complex. I was hooked from the first chapter, hoping that Milo would be found safe and sound. Filled with red herrings, I found this book hard to put down. I highly recommend this book. A taut and twisty domestic thriller that throws readers into the nightmarish situation of a missing child and the subsequent paranoia that creates suspects out of anyone and everyone. The unexpected twist will have your jaw to the floor. CultureFly El final es bueno. Marissa se ve enfrentada a una situación imposible y hay que reconocer que la resuelve. No estoy muy segura de que sea la mejor manera, pero desde luego impacta. Marissa llega a la dirección exacta, a la hora acordada, a recoger a su hijo Milo. Es la primera vez que recibe una invitación a jugar con un niño de su nuevo colegio. Pero la mujer que abre la puerta no es la madre que ella esperaba. Tampoco es una niñera. Y Milo no está en esta casa. Así comienza la peor pesadilla de todas las madres y padres.Si bien los hilos que maneja Andrea Mara son complejos, no es una novela de sacar el conejo de la chistera. Ya en la primera parte nos da una pista de por dónde va la cosa. Como es lógico no es excesivamente evidente, pero ahí está. Otra cosa es que la veamos o la sepamos interpretar. De hecho, creo, que, con la traducción del inglés, se pierde una parte de dicha pista. Si reparamos en ella el porqué de los hechos está claro. A partir de ahí es ir encajando las piezas que la autora nos va dejando. No nos lo pone fácil. Es un auténtico puzle. Me lo he pasado fenomenal haciendo hipótesis. No hay personaje que no guarde un secreto. Nos hace sospechar de todo y de todos. Jenny is a strange one. There's something not quite right with her but I just don't know what. She almost throws herself into the dead the dead centre of the drama its almost as if she wants it all to be about her because I think maybe that's why she did of it could if just been pure guilt. Andrea Mara's tight plotting and convincing characterisation make her books both compelling and intriguing.' Liz Nugent, author of Lying in Wait All Her Fault is a fantastic read. Gripping and real, with a whole host of flawed characters, it explores motherhood, relationships and friendship in a twisted unravelling of every parent's worst nightmare. Lauren North, author of THE PERFECT BETRAYAL It was gripping and emotional and I couldn't put it down. The twist was intricately woven into the storyline, but so cleverly done that I didn't see it coming at all. I loved the relationship between the women, and the wonderful portrayal of female friendship developing even in the darkest of circumstances. Eleanor Ray, author of EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL

All Her Fault - Penguin Books UK

Immediately compelling, All Her Fault explores every mother's worst nightmare and delivers deftly original twists." - Phoebe Morgan Marissa Irvine believes her son Milo is on a post school playdate with Jenny’s son Jacob and duly arrives at 14 Tudor Grove to collect him only to find the front door opened by a complete stranger. Thus begins every parents nightmare. Jenny is in France on business and has no knowledge of any arrangements and over the next few days suspicions fall in several places. The story is told from several perspectives including Marissa and Jenny which works very well. What follows is a race against time to find Milo before something terrible happens and uncover a chaos of lies and deceit that leads Marissa to question everything and everyone she knows.

Retailers:

All Her Fault played on my worst fears and kept upping the stakes . . . I didn't predict any of the twists and turns.' Sarah Pearse, bestselling author of The Sanatorium Irish Times Top Ten bestselling author Andrea Mara, has written her UK debut “All Her Fault” - a mystery domestic thriller where secrets and lies can rapidly rip a family apart when they start to be revealed. Eat, Drink, and Be Merry: The Ultimate Guide to Celebrating Christmas with the Best Drinks Books On The Shelves A heart-stopping tale . . . Mara's stunningly original plot has its roots in the powerful emotions aroused by motherhood, leading to heartbreak and murder. - Sunday Times, Crime Book of the Month

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment