276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bumps in the Night (Funnybones)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It does mention witchcraft and the characters hold a seance, but it's light hearted and the ghost turns out to be very friendly. He illustrated several children's books including the Fast Fox, Slow Dog series, some of the Happy Families titles and Monkey Do (Walker).

At the seance the ghost is revealed and it turns out that he was just lonely and is actually very friendly. The inside front and back covers feature useful tips, notes and activities to support reading at home as well as comprehension questions to check children’s understanding. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees. Nice little tale of a haunted house that is sure to leave the investigators unsettled for some time. What I do see if a little issue with consent that I would address if this book were in my collection, but overall, this is a wonderful story I would love to have in my collection.Janet sadly died in 1994, but Allan has gone on to work with other illustrators and is still producing lots of new books.

It is the May of 1923 and the investigators are contacted by John Withering, the nephew of the late Jacob Withering. Eventually they are tired out and, having painted the cellar black again so as to see each other, they go to sleep, snug and safe at last from bumps in the night - that is until they both begin dreaming .Particularly enjoyed the page filled with multicoloured skeleton dogs, although the random DIY section did make the story feel a little incoherent. Auntie Matta" — Bumpy's scary Aunt visits and she spends half her time scaring everyone and when his friends tell him about her actions bumpy must put an end to it by making her leave. It's understandable why some schools placed this on the banned book list because of its seance scene and spooky atmosphere, but children with nighttime fears should read this book because it shows not all mysterious things are harmful. I would not feel ok with teaching a book that is on the top 100 banned children's books in the classroom. Old fashioned horror like this, are like ghost stories from childhood, nagging, persistent, corrosive, tingling feeling at the back one’s mind which cause you not have nightmares but feel deeply unsettled and anxious.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment