276°
Posted 20 hours ago

You Deserve Better: The Sunday Times Bestselling Guide to Finding Your Happiness

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I bought this because I liked the title, without realising Anne-Marie is a singer and this book is a quasi-autobiography, intermixed with platitudes about body positivity and mental health. I loved the different sections and I think it was a great choice to begin with the story of her life with relationships varying with her relations with her friends and how that combined with her self(in)confedence and the way she acted to not let people see her hurt. The lead is Cece, who has been bequeathed a small cottage even though she doesn’t want to go to Scotland or even town a cottage. For a 22 year old female struggling with men, self-esteem, confidence and all of the other joys of young adulthood, this book really spoke to me.

You Deserve Better by Anne-Marie | Waterstones

She had never expected that she would be sharing her new home with a homeless orphan or finding herself the center of attention in the small village. This is such a great book in which Anne-Marie shares her life story and talks about self-care, mental health, friendships, therapy, toxic relationships and more. In July 2018, Anne-Marie featured on a David Guetta song titled " Don't Leave Me Alone", which peaked at 18 on the UK Singles chart.

She also featured on four tracks on their second album We the Generation (2015), [7] including co-features with Dizzee Rascal and Will Heard, [1] and " Rumour Mill", which reached number 67 on the UK Singles Chart and gave her enough confidence to go solo.

You Deserve Better by Anne-Marie | Waterstones You Deserve Better by Anne-Marie | Waterstones

The agent got her into Robert Hale, among several other small publishers who have published her works over the years. When I heard that she is publishing her first book I was excited both as a book lover and her fan and like her songs this book also helped me to understand myself in a better way. When she won a class contest for making a different ending for a film the class watched, she finally started believing that she could become a fiction author. It is this wealth of experience and pioneering spirit that led her to co-found the Stemettes, an award-winning social initiative dedicated to inspiring and promoting the next generation of young women in the STEM sectors.Anne-Marie's next single saw her collaborate with Snakehips on " Either Way", which also featured Joey Badass. I suppose some people maybe didn’t use those, but they’re definitely a good old memory from my younger years. She released the single " Do It Right" in November, which peaked at number 90 on the UK Singles Chart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment