276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EWA Travel Case Packed, A106 Pro Wireless Mini Bluetooth Speaker with Custom Bass Radiator. IP67 Waterproof, Small But Loud, Portable Speakers for Car, Bike, Outdoors, Shower (Black)

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Experience the extraordinary with the EWA LS-25, a loudspeaker cable that delivers a captivating performance and an authentic acoustic experience.

Turning to CD and Kreidler’s European Song, a new electronica album on Bureau B, the low noise aspect of the cable was present once more but so too was the tremendous bass output. The low noise enabling the lower frequencies to add extra focus and weight, giving the bass real heft and a sense of power and weight. Such was the admirable focus, though, that the bass never masked the more delicate synth runs living in the midrange and treble. The bass never bloomed, either, remaining precise and characterful. Compared to other audio cables, the LS-25 not only lowers the noise floor of your audio system but also enhances phase behavior. This is achieved through an impressively wide bandwidth, very fast rise time, and common mode inductance along the cable's length. At its release, LS-25 was hailed as one of the finest speaker cables available, and it still stands tall today ( review link ). This was the review I was asked to pencil for Colin and Alan's new EWA cable. It was reworked and prettied up some for online publication but it conveys my thoughts of the LS-25. It may be clumsy it's a little more 'me'...

Elsdon Wonfor Audio - LS XXVA Speaker Cable Review

Small can be mighty and in the case of the EWA A106 A, that is certainly the case. The speaker is the perfect blend of performance price and builds quality. It’s a useful thing to have with you especially if you travel, hike or camp a lot. Minimal fuss, simplicity, and a focus on getting the basics right make this an easy product for us to recommend to our readers. It would be great to hear from Colin or Alan about the tech and any other user who can add their observations.

Boasting well-controlled and fast bass with rich textural detail, the mid-range is expansive, presenting a large and immersive soundstage. The extended and sweet treble is detailed and textured, free from any hint of grain or stridency. Moving to the MC-V power cable and testing the cable on my Icon Audio PS3 phono amplifier with Gene Clark’s The Way I Am, I was happy to report remarkably low noise that positioned Clark in a spacious arena. In fact, Clark appeared to be sitting in a room that, apart from his own performance, was quiet and peaceful. You could get a sense of this during slight pauses in the performance, such was the sense of clarity that this cable was able to present. It also allowed more information to spring forth, giving the guitar a pleasingly resonant edge that allowed the string reverbs to travel further while tiny and previously unheard string bends, pulls and squeaks were now easily accessible to the ear.Serving as our 'gateway' loudspeaker cable, LS-25 exemplifies the EWA approach to audio. While LS-40 and LS-80 offer enhanced bass potential and a larger scale presentation, the LS-25 stands as a reference-quality component in its own right—a sonic experience you have the right to hear for yourself.

The LS-25 has wonderfully extended bass. There is a fullness to the timbre, a shape to the way the bass hangs in the air. The warmth of the bass and the powerful projection that goes with it obscures nothing. In fact there feels like there is more 'room' in the music lower down. The extra detail this cable projects into the listening space is experienced as you would in a real performance environment – it is dynamic, unforced and rich in texture. The bass images in the soundstage and presents itself in the most convincing manner I've heard. The detail may be stupendous but it is not analytical; it is simply experienced. EWA A107 wireless speaker used an advanced custom speaker unit and metal body, releases powerful sound, and consistently high level of sound, without distortion, the sound from A107 metal speaker were so impressive. Hence, instead of offering a touch of compression-like upper mids, the higher frequencies are never constricted with the XXV cables. There is a higher potential in terms of dynamic reach. The cables have greater inherent resources to handle wayward and potentially chaotic frequencies. Previously, the biggest pain point of small size speakers was the weakness of the bass performance. In such a tiny space, we needed to add the driver, the battery and all electronic components inside. Besides, through our innovative technology, the EWA A106Pro speaker was equipped with a passive radiator, which is why it released such amazing bass, this needed to fit too. There are zero additional features. I love this as a design choice and EWA talk about it themselves. When designing the A106 Pro their brief focussed on 3 things, sound, size, and price. By eliminating unnecessary extras like volume controls, microphones, and aux inputs they were able to put more expense into using quality materials. This is an ethos I wish more companies in the audio industry would adopt, trying to please everyone by including unnecessary features kills the value aspect of many products. Here EWA kept it simple and it’s a success.

Add your answer

The higher-end LS-XXV speaker cables are the true implementation of the same technology but are allowed to really stretch, allowing the music to fly in a dynamic fashion, giving the music a supreme focus in the meantime. This all sounds like rather bold claims for just a cable. In fact, some might contend that such a review is a stretch even for an amplifier, far less a wire. If that's you, enjoy your freedom and extra pennies, no worries. Offering a performance that troubles much higher priced competitors, this low noise design offers focus, transparency and clarity that affords music a natural flow. CONCLUSION

In a speaker this size there is no point talking about imaging or detail retrieval. What we need to know is can it go loud and if it does is there distortion. So, we equipped the speaker with a custom-made, high performance 3W neodymium driver, which delivers a loud and balanced sound.Play your music to tow A107 Bluetooth Speaker. Wireless connect two A107 mini speakers together, enjoy a true left&right channel omnidirectional stereo experience. The new IC-25 gave an immediate impression of a more bold and dynamic presentation throughout and more wow factor compared to the first generation. Not having experienced XLR in my system before, I wasn't sure whether to credit the cable or the fact that it was XLR, which can give better results in noisy environments and on longer runs (neither of which apply). There was a slightly lower noise floor and more clarity evident in the mids and uppers. Bass seemed more extended too. following on from our constructive recent posts/threads on EWA LS-80 and LS-40 speaker cables, I am now starting a fresh one to discuss experiences with and technology behind IC-25, as several users of the speaker cables are now inquisitive about the interconnects. There is more, though. The XXVs provided a tremendous degree of focus that enabled the ear to access a swathe of extra detail. That meant precision but without any sense of brightness and that meant transparency but without any hint of wooly bass or smearing mids. The space in and around the soundstage gave a wonderful instrumental separation that revealed new sound highlights. Expect to hear new sounds via these cables, subtle extras that will raise eyebrows and provide a new insight into familiar records. So to summarise...the newest IC-25 is a really great cable anyway and seems to release its full potential when partnered with the latest generation of EWA speaker cables. The effect of the upgrade was not as dramatic as the upgrade to LS-80 speaker cable, which was off the scale, but I consider it to be an important upgrade.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment