276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sprogs & Dogs Ultra Hardwearing Grass Seed by Lawn UK - Ultimate Grass Seed for Family lawns, Super Durable, Tough Lawn Seed Mixture - Fast Growing (1kg)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Throw and Grow Our range of colourful non-native wildflower mixtures are a quick and easy way to add a splash of colour to an otherwise dull area.

Within 4 weeks if seeding I had a luscious thick green lawn that looks like it’s been there for years. All our journalism is independent and is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.It is not as pretty as grass, but it will keep the mud at bay, is easily topped up and the dogs won’t mind walking on it. You won’t need to do much ground preparation: just sprinkle it on your lawn’s patches and cover with netting (it’s very tasty, according to our local feathered friends). With patience you’ll get a lovely low-maintenance lawn that’s happy to grow to 4cm or more before you need to get the mower out.

The onslaught of my two labradors means I have paved over most of my lawn, but the remaining grass turns nasty even with frequent cleaning and raking. The main downsides are that it’s slow to establish, and the ryegrass-free mix requires warmer temperatures to germinate. The seeds are fairly quick to germinate, especially if you plant them in spring or autumn, with users reporting a “lush green lawn” eight weeks after planting. Fescue is also hardy and versatile but a little finer than ryegrass, so it’s softer beneath your feet and creates a thicker look.

We gave these seeds a try and found they worked best after being soaked overnight, then planted in holes in well-prepared ground rather than being chucked on top. As a general rule, hardwearing mixtures usually contain ryegrass and red fescue, two species that establish quite quickly – they can germinate in as little as 3-4 days, but 7-10 days is more average. Sprogs and Dogs for example can help you transform you garden’s lawn into a year round green space providing quick growing, full and thick green cover.

Sprogs and Dogs is a carefully blended mix, made up of 3 key species: Ryegrass, Slender Creeping Red Fescue, and Bentgrass. As with most fine grasses, Lawnsmith’s ornamental mix thrives best in sandy (free-draining) acidic soil. Lawn Fertilisers Lawn UK supply a range of different fertlisers for various applications, including preseeding fertilisers, and Spring and Autumn feeds. You can use our lawn seed calculator on every page to work out how much seed you will need for your project. We’ll be expanding our lawncare range over time, with new products constantly being added to our range.People find this mix works well for them because of the ease of establishment and high quality lawn that is created.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment