276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hands are not for Hitting

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don't like focusing on what I don't want my toddler to do, so ignore the parts about hitting and just read what hands are for and act it out with my 18 months old son. While reading the story, demonstrate the suggestions throughout the book: handshaking, clapping, blowing kisses, pointing, etc. I especially love all of the advice for parents listed at the end of each book and the size of the book (the pages are quite large). Twinkl Social Situations are popular resources that are used to support SEND students across a number of social situations they may find difficult.

Hands Are Not for Hitting is a story about alternative actions and activities that children and adults can do with their hands instead of hitting. As a behavioral therapist, she has extensive experience with counseling children and families in schools, residential facilities, foster care, and private practice. Make a chart that you can leave up as a reminder to the children of all the things you can do instead of hitting!This book explains all the things hands can be used for and also explains that hands are not for hitting. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. As you recognize a child’s helping hand behavior, have the child get a hand from their pocket and connect it to the class’s “helping hand” chain. Science: Give children several objects/items that will produce sounds (conch shells, tuning pitch fork, 2 metal spoons rubber banded together so the spoons are back to back, rubber bands around empty shoe boxes, drums from art project (above), sand paper glued to blocks, etc. Have children measure the size of the objects in the classroom by working in teams to count “how many hands high/long” the object is.

This book illustrates that hands can help us do so many amazing things like saying hello, eating and drinking, taking care of ourselves and others and so many marvelous things and they should not be used for hitting someone. Twinkl also have a number of resources that can be used to support student through common social situations that they may find themselves in. Marieka Heinlen received her BFA at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and also studied at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London. We liked the suggestion that when we notice a child getting frustrated to turn it into a mad dance and funny sounds.For a little background story, I work with children that have issues with behavior (such as hitting). i love this book because it promotes teaching children as early as possible that violence is never okay, your hands can be used for many other great things besides hitting someone and hurting them. Provide a variety of objects for children to play with: empty shampoo bottles, wash clothes, small bars of soap, rubber duckies or other small bath toys, and small cups for rinsing. These series of books are excited to teach toddlers for beginning stage of learning new things on how to be nice to one another. The activity stresses how our hands work together as a pair and when one is missing or being used it makes it harder for us to do such things as building blocks and coloring.

This material was developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning with federal funds from the U. Edited to add that four years later I am once again reading this with a grouchy toddler, and it holds up! I like this book because it is important for children to know at any age, that they shouldn't use violence to solve their problems. The children can also demonstrate what their hands can do and you can take photographs of the children in action. Repetition helps children feel confident and competent as they become able to talk about the story, predict what will happen next, recognize and understand certain words, talk about their own experiences related to the story, and even make up their own story!Social Situation resources can be created for specific and individualised situations that may occur in the students school day, in the community or at home. Music: Sing and use gestures top the song “Skinamarinky Dinky Dink”: Skinamarinky dink, Skinamarinky doo, I love you. You never know what is happening at home so this simple book really encourages positive outcomes for children. It’s never too soon for children to learn that violence is never okay, hands can do many good things, and everyone is capable of positive, loving actions. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.

Introduce the idea of the day by talking about how all week you have talked about all the different ways you can use your hands. This book is available in a simpler board book version for children who are developmentally younger. This book shows young children good things they can do with their hands and teaches socially appropriate behaviors to do instead of hitting.

It’s very informative and it teaches children very well because it uses the right level of vocabulary and is presented in an engaging way. There's a note at the end A Word to Grown-Ups talking about violence in our culture and discussion starters and activities which I also enjoyed. While the children are measuring objects, talk about all the different ways they are using their hands. Repetition of the same book allows children a chance to really learn the story – it becomes their story by the end of the week!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment