276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grow Food for Free: The easy, sustainable, zero-cost way to a plentiful harvest

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice center (for example the Citizen's Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). I am excited to transfer my seeds from indoors to outdoors – if the snow, frost and cold ever go away.

The book is full of knowledge, laid out in a way that makes the information easy to access and read.

Our Non-Fiction Range includes: Academic, Photography, Audio books, Business, Cook Books, Craft Books, Health and Fitness Books, Mind, Body, Spirit (Tarot). This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Grow Food for Free teaches you how to produce no-cost, low-maintenance fruit and veggies — and finding low-cost ways to overcome common gardening worries. Overall, this is a good book to help you get started growing your own food without breaking the bank. He’s helpful, optimistic, and instructive, and for anyone that loves gardening, this is a solid reference book.

Within each chapter are lots of sections offering information on everything from creating your own containers to compost recipes. He wants everyone to grow their own fruit and veg, and in ‘Grow Food for Free,’ he proves that you don’t need much money (or even your own garden) to do so.I am not convinced, however, that I would be successful growing food I can eat at every meal 365 days a year in our climate without a greenhouse. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. What I like most about this book is that it pushes back on the recent depiction of edible gardening as something that is necessarily expensive, consumption-driven.

This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees. an absolutely essential beginner's guide to planning, planting, harvesting, bartering and swapping seeds and produce for more prolific gardens. He gives tips on dealing with common pests, how to best invest in your garden as you progress and I really like that the last chapter is Huw's Journal that shows one year of him creating a garden and growing food. Additionally, while he does briefly make note of this, some of his homemade solutions could contaminate your soil with chemicals or microplastics if you don’t take precautions.

Otherwise, once I got over the culture shock (he talks about putting cardboard on your beds over the winter so that weeds don't grow! Registered address: Unit 5, Vulcan House Business Centre, Vulcan Road, Leicester, LE5 3EF, United kingdom. The only negatives I see to this is that many of his growing tips are contextual to the Welsh climate, so there are some considerations to take if you’re in a different growing zone (or if you want to try something like avocados or corn).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment