276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Collected - The Best Of Massive Attack : Greatest Hits

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is a close second to this musical preference, it is Massive Attack, but I don't know the latter's discography with the same depth and I haven't known them for as much time (so I can't compare them on the lasting appeal). Collected is sequenced for flow, not for chronology, even though any 14 randomly-selected Massive Attack tracks would flow together just fine. As I associate The Prodigy to what's best out of the 'energic pole', I think you can already guess, I do the same for Massive Attack with the 'chilling pole'. Also, maybe every Best Of's goal should be to contain only good songs and no boring ones, and while I don't think Best Of's always achieve this, I think this one does.

Without a doubt it's a Best Of compilation, and while the main CD features mainly songs from singles, it is a very good retrospective of what MA did best on each of their albums (including, for example, the likes of What Your Soul Sings and Future Proof, which aren't singles but which I think deserve damn-well their presence on the compilation). These instrumental versions were made by EMI's Sync department to offer to film and TV studios as background or soundtrack music for their commercials or TV shows. Some editions of this special version, such as the Japanese and Argentinian issues, include, instead of the DualDisc, a second, standard audio CD with the rarities' content of the CD layer of the DualDisc, along with a separate DVD containing the music videos. In this respect, this Gift Pack Edition is a downgrade from the original Special Edition which came with a more complete video package, even though some may find the DVD preferable to the DualDisc format.The DVD included here includes all 16 videos from the Dualdisc versions of Collected, unlike all other DVD versions which only include 11 videos, up until Inertia Creeps. But a few inevitable stopovers in bullshit-land don't change the fact that Collected is a pretty incredible set of tracks; the group's fierce, creepy, paranoid fogscapes have aged better than the glassy boutique-music of any of their 90s trip-hop imitators. Notes: On both discs the 3 letter abbreviations for each of the songs/ video tracks are running along the inner edge of the disc, with the rest of the disc being pure sliver with no title information on it beside basic copyright information. Another advandtage is the fact that I think the mix of older and more recent tracks is consistent, where with The Prodigy I think the old tracks didn't fit too well for a mix with the more recent ones.

Nicht nur, dass auf diesem Sampler ihre größten Hits "unfinished sympathy" und "teardrop" zu finden sind, sondern auch eine Reihe - vielleicht - eher unbekannterer Lieder.Other tracks add glistening pools of flanged-out postpunk guitars and lushly romantic strings and lonely jazz-saxophone flourishes.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. The cd of b-sides is fantastic cos contain rare materials previously unreleased like the songs silent spring, black melt and the beautiful joy luck club.This means that music from that piece of shit, the band's recent 100th Window, is more difficult to avoid; the anemic IDM drums and imitation- Kid A processed vocals of "Butterfly Caught" sound even worse when sandwiched between relative masterpieces like "Protection" and "Unfinished Sympathy". Notes: Even though this Special Edition was labeled as being a 'Limited Edition', it is still relatively easy to find.

Meines Erachtens die ideale CD zum Arbeiten, zum chillen, aber auch für einen gediegenen Abend mit Freunden. Collected, a best-of compilation straddling the group's career, is the kind of record that reeks "contractual obligation," but that's not meant as a diss. The band unfurl their armoury of chilled beats, dub-drenched basslines, shimmering vocals and brooding strings, reminding you of just how influential the Bristol trio have been on down-tempo music in the UK.Collected is a compilation album by British trip hop collective Massive Attack, released on 27 March 2006. Neil Davidge plays keyboards on tracks 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 10, guitar on tracks 1, 4, and 6, bass on track 7, and provides backing vocals on track 4. Teardrop" is Massive Attack's biggest-ever hit, the only time the group grazed the UK's top 10 singles chart, but more Americans know it as the theme to "House" than anything else. Notes: This Betacam tape was used by European TV stations to broadcast advertisements with during the months of March and April 2006 to promote the Collected album with. Je me suis dit que la meilleure façon de me faire une idée de ce groupe, était d'acheter une sorte de "pot pourri" de l'ensemble de leur production, incluant le morceau figurant dans HUSH.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment