276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Double the Ducks (MathStart 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lccn 2001024321 Ocr tesseract 5.0.0-1-g862e Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Devanagari Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.6841 Ocr_module_version 0.0.15 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-NS-1027340 Openlibrary_edition I was one of those kids who talked all the time in class. I loved telling stories. One day in the 4th Grade, my teacher said, “You tell such good stories, maybe you should try writing some of them down.” “Wow,” I thought. “She thinks my stories are good.” That’s when I started to really enjoy writing. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2022-02-24 03:11:34 Associated-names Petrone, Valeria, illustrator Bookplateleaf 0002 Boxid IA40372505 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier I became especially interested in educational publishing and have worked on the development of over a dozen major textbook programs, championing visual learning strategies from Pre-K through high school in every major curriculum area.

The inspiration to write math stories for children was sparked by my work on a high school mathematics program. Visual learning strategies helped teens—who had been characterized as “reluctant learners’—understand difficult math concepts. Putting math in the context of stories based on their experiences made them feel more comfortable with abstract concepts. They actually became eager to apply math to real-life problems. Another woman, forty-year-old Anna, who was walking nearby, said that she also enjoyed seeing the exhibition. I See I Learn stories are modeled on real-life situations and, just as in real-life, often involve more than one skill. For example, Freda Plans a Picnic is about sequencing, a cognitive skill, but the picnic itself is a social event. Percy Plays It Safe focuses on playground safety skills, but playing successfully in a group also requires self-regulation, an emotional skill. of Design. That’s where I became interested in visual learning—how we decode and acquire information from graphs, charts, diagrams, models, illustrations and other images.

By Stuart J.Murphy

censor – n. a person who examines media and removes things that are considered to be offensive, immoral, or harmful to society MathStart's unique combination of stories, illustrations, and visual models helps teachers and parents in the teaching of math and provides all children with the opportunity to succeed. If this approach worked for older students, I began to wonder what might happen if younger children were introduced to math this way! The Best Bug Parade, (comparing sizes) was my very first published book. It was absolutely thrilling to see my name in print! I never expected that one day there would 63 MathStart books, split over three levels for ages Pre-K to Grade 4. This award-winning series by Stuart J. Murphy teaches math through stories and visual models63 books divided into three levels with 21 books in eachFun activities kids will love are included to help parents and teachers emphasize the lessonsEngaging and relatable stories, with each story revolving around practical applications of the math concept presentedLively art from top-notch illustratorsCharts and other visual representations help children understand how the math works and promote deeper comprehensionMathStart's unique combination of stories, illustrations, and visual models helps teachers and parents in the teaching of math and provides all children with the opportunity to succeed.

Together, we also drew a series of silly illustrations containing doubles. For example, “Double 1" might be a face with two eyes or a bicycle with two wheels. “Double 2" might be a an animal with four legs or a car with four tires. “Double 3" was a funny insect with three legs on each side. I See I Learn books teach social, emotional, health and safety, and cognitive skills, such as how to make friends, build confidence, play safely, work together, manage emotions, and make plans. These skills are important for school readiness and for living happy, healthy, productive lives. I was also the class artist. When I wasn’t talking,I was drawing. When I was older, I studied art at the Rhode Island School

Even before children can read—or speak many words—they can interpret visual information with ease. The MathStart books use simple stories coupled with diagrams, graphs and other visual models to teach everything from probability and pattern recognition to area, capacity and negative numbers. Faith Pirlo adapted this story for Learning English based on reports from The Associated Press and Reuters. The songs are terrific. The math is spot on. And the club motto makes my heart sing: “Math Skills are Life Skills!”

Engaging and relatable stories, with each story revolving around practical applications of the math concept presented

Kids will love the story and the illustrations by Valeria Petrone. Parents and educators will love how the story and pictures make understanding the math concepts a breeze—as well as the concrete examples of how math works. The book contains activities for adults to do with kids to extend math into their own lives.

Kids, young and old, fall in love with math when they see how real-life and effortless it becomes thanks to these books.” —Kimberly D. Mueller, Ed.D., First Grade Teacher, Ashbrook School, Lumberton NJ exhibit – n. an object or a collection of objects that have been put out in a public space for people to look at: something shown in an exhibition

What do you think of this story? We want to hear from you. Write to us at [email protected] or leave us a comment below. Charts and other visual representations help children understand how the math works and promote deeper comprehension The math concepts taught in MathStart books conform to state and national standards. Level 1 is Pre-K–Kindergarten; Level 2 is Grades 1–3; Level 3 is Grades 2–4. The series follows math topics across grades so there is a foundational path to learning that runs through the levels.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment