276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hide and Seek: The unmissable new crime thriller from the top ten Sunday Times bestselling author of All Her Fault

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Has your other daughter got lost? Been taken by a passing stranger? Or perhaps the culprit is closer to home than you think? I think Andrea's talent in creating such an extreme reaction in her readers is in one part due to how she writes so fluidly and realistically. While there may be layers upon layers of twists imbedded within the plotline at no point do her words feel over written, the story always feels far too real and plausible. There are so many relatable snippets that you are immersed into a world you recognise and feel comfortable in, until those stark, jarring moments when you're not. As readers, we are aware of 'the twist' in psychological thrillers. As a writer, do you feel under pressure to come up with something bigger and more 'twisty' each time? Alongside the tension you could cut with a knife and those whiplash inducing plot twists the book is full of characters that are relatable. Some you will see in yourself, others are that annoying neighbour a few doors over that never smiles, remember that family down the road that seem to have it all or even that cluster of snotty Mummies at the school gates. We all know these characters, whether we love or hate them, it becomes ridiculously hard not to become invested in them.

Hence why despite recieving my advanced reading copy at 9am after an 11 hour night shift, I sat in bed and got through about 50% of the book in one sitting. I woke with my kindle slapped on my face wondering what just happened and where the hell was Lily.Very highly recommended to anyone who loves thrillers and who has or hasn't read Andrea's previous books. Right now I’m busy editing next year’s book, No One Saw A Thing. It’s about a family on holidays in London, rushing through a Tube station one Monday morning. Two children, age six and two, get on the Tube but the doors close before their mother can get on. When she arrives at the next station, only one of her children is there. (This book is also based on a real experience, about a time when I was a child on holidays in London and my sister and I got on the Tube without our parents!) Joanna is determined to find out more about Lily and the circumstances of her disappearance, not least because Joanna is harbouring secrets of her own that may have some bearing on the unsolved case.

As Joanna unravels the secrets at the heart of this close-knit community, her own dark past begins to resurface. Because she thinks she knows what really happened to Lily - and if the truth gets out, it might be her undoing...” The game of hide and seek is over, everyone has gone home, but little Lily Murphy hasn't been found. Her parents search the woods and tell themselves that the worst hasn't happened - but deep down they know this peaceful Dublin suburb will never be the same again.Joanna is determined to find out all she can about the little girl's disappearance, and the inhabitants of this close-knit neighbourhood are all too eager to speculate. But the more she learns, the closer she's drawn towards her own dark family secrets - secrets she's spent years trying to hide. Joanna soon realises her own memories are key to uncovering the truth about what happened to Lily Murphy. But someone will go to any lengths to stop her from remembering . . . I’ve loved her previous books so I was delighted to get an advanced copy of Hide and Seek, prior to its release in August. I never saw the ending coming and her ability to make me as a parent think about what it would be like to lose my child was truly terrifying. Any parent will feel their stomach drop when the story unfolds before their eyes! Andrea's latest book, Hide and Seek, was published by Bantam Press in August 2022. You can find Hide and Seek and all Andrea's books on our catalogue. Your first book All Her Fault tapped into every parent's nightmare with the disappearance of Marissa's son. What made you choose this subject?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment