276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Max Magic: the Sunday Times bestselling debut from Stephen Mulhern!

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Magic Show Story". ITV Press Centre. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015 . Retrieved 20 May 2015.

Max Magic is a passion project for me. It’s based on my own story. I grew up in the East End on my family’s market stall, I had a tough time at school and I didn’t always believe in myself. Magic was my way of finding my confidence. I hope this book will make a lot of kids laugh, and help them to feel braver, bolder, and discover that anything is possible – just like Max .’

The Illusionists". ITV Press Centre. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013 . Retrieved 1 December 2013. Stephen Mulhern's SNT sketch In For A Penny IS getting its own series". Digitalspy.com. 7 April 2018. Archived from the original on 21 October 2018 . Retrieved 31 May 2019. I'm sure there will be more Max Magic adventures to come, hopefully without any mention of guns or knives. But now Max is in trouble, he has attracted the attention of Bottley the local bully and one day while minding his father's market stall disaster strikes!

Stephen Mulhern knows all about how to do magic, so he is writing what he knows, but with an exciting magic adventure. I’m even more excited that will be another adventure with Max Magic. This is probably tailored more to school children but regardless me and my little sister loved this book! The illustrations are great and nostalgic, and the author has written in a very engaging way. Max's character was fun to learn about, and seeing him carry on the family tradition of being a magician. The book also covers standing up to bullies and self-confidence which is great! It is a simple book and somewhat predictable but perfect for children. Messages from the story like standing up for what is right were covered well and are relevant to the children in this time. I grew up watching Stephen Mulhern on TV so just had to get my hands on a copy of his debut children’s book, and I am so glad I did… In Stephen’s words, it is UNBELIEVABLE!Stephen Mulhern has hosted some of the most iconic shows including Britain’s Got More Talent, In For A Penny, for which he earned multiple National Television Award nominations, Catchphrase, and segments of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.

In February 2022, Mulhern guest presented Dancing On Ice whilst Phillip Schofield self-isolated from COVID-19. It also shows how teamwork can help you achieve challenges easier, and it was great to see the friends come up with different ideas. This was such a fun read and sheds a bit of light on the issue of bullying and how anyone, child or adult who is just the tiniest bit different can suffer and be bullied. I would note that guns and knives do get a very brief mention, and that's what's keeping a star off for me. I think it could have been written without mentioning either and then I'd feel happier giving it to my 9 year old daughter to read. Perhaps, I'm too sensitive and others won't be bothered by this - but it's worth knowing that they do get a mention.But when Max discovers an unusual old box in his Gran’s antique shop something happens that forces him to decide what sort of person he really wants to be. Inspired by Stephen Mulhern's incredible story of his journey to becoming a magician, performer and TV star. Inspired by The Great British Bake Off, Nancy launched her own wedding cake business - although she is now not allowed to apply for the show Based on his own Story, Stephen Mulhern poured all of his passion into the creation of Max Magic. Like his character Max, Stephen grew up in East London on his family's market stall and didn't have the easiest of starts at school. Writing this book was his way of finding his confidence and it's his hope that this book will make kids laugh and help them feel braver and that no matter what your circumstances - anything is possible!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment