276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Good Egg: An Easter And Springtime Book For Kids (The Food Group)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The artwork is expressive, accentuating that humor, and capturing the various emotional states through which the egg passes. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but it felt as though the message was twisted from "perfectionism isn't always the way; self-care is important too" to "I've changed and taken better care of myself, but I'm lonely so I'll go back to those who abuse me. Seemed to me like Egg settled because he was lonely and kids need to know they don't have to settle or give in.

The Good Egg : An Easter And Springtime Book For Kids

The only thing that bothered me is that it appears that he becomes ok with being treated badly by the other eggs. It used to drive me bonkers when other kids wouldn't do what they were supposed to do or if they didn't do it the way I thought it should've been done.Dynamic duo Jory John and Pete Oswald hatch a funny and charming story that reminds us of the importance of balance, self-care, and accepting those we love (even if they are sometimes a bit rotten).

The Good Egg – HarperCollins

Doesn’t worrying about others, trying to make everything perfect, and neglecting to look after yourself sound awfully familiar? It's a perfect story for today's overworked, always-on-alert parents and kids, complete with tips for de-stressing. Happily, the Good Egg moves back home after learning the importance of self-care and acceptance of others.Some picture books with similar messages kind of hit you over the head (which I don't like), but The Good Egg is a moral wrapped up in a pun-filled story about a goody-two-shoes egg and his quest for perfection.

The Good Egg : An Easter And Springtime Book For Kids The Good Egg : An Easter And Springtime Book For Kids

This witty adventure is full of great messages about the importance of balance, self-care, and acceptance of self and others. As the other eggs in the dozen behave badly, the good egg starts to crack from all the pressure of feeling like he has to be perfect.

I don't like binary descriptions of beings as "good" or "bad"; eventually, the nameless good egg (the other eleven eggs have egg-y names or are named "Frank") decides they don't need to be perfect, just like their "friends" aren't. I thought the illustrations were amazing, but something about this book left a bad taste in my mouth.

The Good Egg: An Easter And Springtime Book For Kids (The

Even though the Good Egg never tattle-tails, he IS overly concerned with everyone else’s behavior; just like the little kiddos who are always coming in after recess and lunch break with tattles about everyone and thing under the sun. I guess my take on it is a lot different from a lot of the other readers who feel the message is about not worrying about others' bad behaviors and not trying to "fix" everyone around you.Author Jory John and illustrator Pete Oswald, who previously collaborated on The Bad Seed, join forces again in this entertaining new picture-book. Goodreads Choice Awards Project: Read as many of the opening round Best Picture Book nominees as possible. While I thought the illustrations were cute, I wasn't completely sold on the story line (or the fact that the 'Good' Egg is any good at all). Venn Diagram: Have the children complete a venn diagram with either words or pictures, comparing themselves to the Good Egg. Then after he recovers from the trauma they inflicted on him he decides to go back because he's lonely.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment