276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Postman Bear (Tales From Acorn Wood)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I came across this book in a Nursery setting and think it is a charming short story for young children to easily be able to read and understand. Postman Bear writes three letters and goes to post them. On his way he passes a tree and the flap opens to reveal squirrel eating an acorn. He leaves a letter there for squirrel, only two letters left now. Julia Donaldson is one of today's most popular writers. Her bestselling titles include The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child and Room on the Broom. Although she is best-known for her picture books, Julia also writes longer novels, plays and songs. She lives in Glasgow and spends a lot of time on stage performing her brilliant sell-out singalong shows! With sturdy flaps on every spread and rhyming stories that are a joy to read aloud, the Tales from Acorn Wood series has been delighting both parents and toddlers for over twenty years. Celebrate their unending appeal with Postman Bear: 20th Anniversary Edition.

Postman Bear a lift-the-flap book by Julia Donaldson | Goodreads Postman Bear a lift-the-flap book by Julia Donaldson | Goodreads

z22 Four 1980s teddy bear postcards. teddy postmen. teddy sweets. teddies shopping. these cards are all beautiful and all mint. Funnily enough, I find it harder to write not in verse, though I feel I am now getting the hang of it! My novel THE GIANTS AND THE JONESES is going to be made into a film by the same team who made the Harry Potter movies, and I have written three books of stories about the anarchic PRINCESS MIRROR-BELLE who appears from the mirror and disrupts the life of an otherwise ordinary eight-year-old. I have just finished writing a novel for teenagers. A férjem szerint amúgy be vannak ekizve a szerepők, annyira ki van gúvadva a szemük. :"D Ezen mindig nevetnem kell. Amúgy azért fura, mert nincs szemhéjuk. Bear writes three letters and delivers them to his friends. Who lives in the mound of earth? What did the letters say? Lift the flaps and find out. Condition: vg. Postman Bear: A Lift-the-flap Story (Tales From Acorn Wood, 3) [Board book] Donaldson, Julia and Scheffler, Axel.

Axel was born in Hamburg, Germany. At school he was good at art, but didn't think of a career in illustration until he won a cuddly purple cow in a drawing competition. He moved to England in 1982 to study illustration at the Bath Academy of Art, and then set up home in London. Ajándékba kaptuk, és elsőre nem is gondoltam, hogy ennyire tetszeni fog a kisfiamnak. Kihajtós ablakok vannak benne, amikkel már kezdettől egész ügyesen bánik, pedig nem annyira erős vagy vastag a papír. Cuki kis történet: van benne izgalom, mivégett is íródnak a levelek, és nincs kimondva a szülinap, de a gyerek levonja a következtetést, lehet róla beszélgetni. A rímek is végre jók :) Before Malcolm and I had our three sons we used to go busking together and I would write special songs for each country; the best one was in Italian about pasta.

Postman Bear: A Lift-the-flap Story (Tales From Acorn Wood, 3)

With sturdy flaps on every spread and rhyming stories that are a joy to read aloud, the Tales from Acorn Wood series has been delighting both parents and toddlers for over twenty years. Celebrate their unending appeal with Postman Bear 20th Anniversary Edition. Postman Bear writes three letters and goes out to deliver them in Acorn Wood. By lifting the flaps young readers can find out who they are for (Frog, Squirrel and Mole) and see that they are actually invitations to Bear's party. Axel Scheffler's illustrations are large, colourful and enjoyably detailed. The highly successful Donaldson/Scheffler partnership has produced another perfect read for the under-fives. I also continued to write “grown-up” songs and perform them in folk clubs and on the radio, and have recently released two CDs of these songs.My real breakthrough was THE GRUFFALO, again illustrated by Axel. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes.

Postman Bear - Julia Donaldson Postman Bear - Julia Donaldson

The last flap to be lifted reveals three visitors at the door of Bear's house and each of the visitors has a parcel under his arm. 'Happy Birthday, Bear!'I studied Drama and French at Bristol University, where I met Malcolm, a guitar-playing medic to whom I’m now married. I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him). Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth Then he comes across a house by the river and someone lives there. Who is it? It's frog so Bear leaves a letter there, only one letter left. Julia Donaldson has written some of the world's best-loved children's books, including modern classics The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child, which together have sold over 17 million copies worldwide, and the hugely successful What the Ladybird Heard adventures. Julia also writes fiction, including the Princess Mirror-Belle books illustrated by Lydia Monks, as well as poems, plays and songs – and her brilliant live shows are always in demand. She was the UK Children’s Laureate 2011-13 and has been honoured with a CBE for Services to Literature. Julia and her husband Malcolm divide their time between West Sussex and Edinburgh.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment