276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus Digital Voice Recorder WS-853, Black

£47.85£95.70Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Early in my career much of my work was for articles for newspapers, magazines or press releases – things of a shorter nature. Now I do professional family history and oral history and much of the work I do is more detailed and of a longer nature, making a recording device vital for my work. With its practical dimensions and lightweight design, the WS-853 is convenient for carrying on the go. Its extensive recording time and ample internal memory make it suitable for various applications, such as capturing lectures, interviews, or personal notes. It offers a reliable and durable solution for individuals who require a dependable voice recording device.

OLYMPUS WS-853 - The Ideal Dictation Tool for Meetings and OLYMPUS WS-853 - The Ideal Dictation Tool for Meetings and

Regardless of the amount of remaining memory, the maximum recording time per file is restricted to the following values. When recording with built-in microphone: 70Hz ~ 17 kHz (Frequency response upper limit is set by recording mode during.) MP3-format recording.Want to interview a Veteran? Here is an article overview about the Library of Congress Veteran History Project

Olympus WS-852 and WS-853 Voice Recorder Review Olympus WS-852 and WS-853 Voice Recorder Review

In the 3 years I’ve owned the Olympus WS-853, I’ve not used it much. Mainly because I also bought the now discontinued Olympus 823, which I used a lot. I’ll get into the reasons why the 853 has been gathering dust in my closet later on, for now let’s look at top 3 features of the Olympus 853 that I like(d). The GoodSome computers have different USB controllers for each port. In this case, connecting to a different port may solve the problem. The Olympus WS-852 seems to be just that – simple and user friendly. It has some more complex features, like having several files and modes, but I don’t really need that, so I can use the simple mode to decrease my options or use the normal mode if I want to set some specific settings like voice filtering, languages, lighting or many other specific details. I look forward to using some of those settings in the future. In terms of audio recording formats, the WS-853 records in MP3, ensuring compatibility and ease of use. The device has a width of 39 millimeters, a depth of 18 millimeters, and a height of 111.5 millimeters, making it compact and portable.

Olympus WS-853 user manual (English - 80 pages)

kbps mono – When using alkaline battery: Approx. 48 hours, When using NiMh battery: Approx. 31 hours For the best, most intimate sound, be sure to use the Olympus WS-852 with a lavalier (lapel) microphone. This will capture high-quality audio of your subject for use with video, or just so it sounds like your subject is right there, decades later. A microphone will also help get the crispest audio for running through a speech recognition transcription programs later. Here are a few tips when using the Olympus WS-853 when recording interviews, focus groups, lectures and meetings. Actually available recording times may be shorter than the figures shown here when making short recordings repeatedly (Equipment displays of available/elapsed recording times should be considered guideline values). Some recording media memory capacity is used as a management area, so the actual usable capacity will always be slightly less than the displayed capacity.The low-noise directional stereo microphones with a 90° layout deliver a superb stereo feeling – enabling you to feel even the smallest details of the meeting. Regardless of where the person speaking is located or the direction of speech, you can clearly capture the information.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment