276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kirstie Allsopp Craft

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Allsopp grew up in Berkshire, the eldest of four, although for a long time it was just her and her younger brother. “My parents worked very hard to give us what they thought was an idyllic childhood. We lived in the middle of the country; we didn’t have any friends whose house we could walk to. It was me and my brother, and I think I was more gregarious than that. I had forgotten about that until this week, and now I feel like I did when I was a child, longing for visitors to come.” I wonder if The Honourable Kirstie Allsopp knows that her books are, as of August 2019, 89p in ALDI? I'm going to try not to go off on too much of a rant about her privilege. I don't need to. Any of you reading this in the UK will probably have heard about #WashingMachineGate. Perhaps also the time that she suggested that chores are therapeutic for working mums, when she doesn't have to do them herself. Oh, and that time that she said girls should aspire to a flat, a nice boyfriend and a baby, not further education. Ring any bells? How cute is this little fella? We adore the patterns used to create him so it’s time to dust off the sewing machine and get stitchy! 32 We had such a blast at The Handmade Fair in Ragley earlier this year - expect to be treated to a blend of creative craft workshops and tutorials, live demos and Q&As, gorgeous handmade items and lovely things to eat & drink! Her husband is property developer Ben Andersen, and they have two sons, Bay (b. 2006) and Oscar (b. 2008). [15] She is also stepmother to her partner's two sons from a previous relationship. They live in London. [16]

Later, she sends me a text apologising for being “so gloomy”. One thing that has changed for the better during this period, she says, is people’s relationships with their neighbours. “I’m seeing stories every day about neighbourhood relations, and if that is the one thing that comes out of this – people knowing their neighbours – then that’s enough for me.” Kirstie Allsopp previously shared a sneak peek from behind the scenes of Kirstie's Handmade Christmas 2022 (6 October) , as her popular crafting series started filming ahead of its return. There's another well-known name within Kirstie's family – beloved fashion and homeware designer Cath Kidston is her cousin. Kirstie's younger sister, Sofie, is also known for her TV presenting work and has appeared on shows such as This Morning and The Unsellables. She has even temporarily filled in for her sister on Location, Location, Location.

Bryony Gordon (7 April 2009). "Kirstie Allsopp: 'I'm too opinionated for politics' ". The Telegraph. London . Retrieved 31 December 2010. the Honourable Kirstie Allsopp (her father is the sixth Baron Hindlip)... Inspired to take part in the next Kirstie's Handmade Christmas? It's best to be ready to apply in the summer. You can expect a box full of the tools, materials and instructions to make a complete project, with inspiration to take the project your own way too.

I’ll be teaching a bookbinding workshop to make this Handbound Kraft Cover Notebook with stitched cover, at 4pm each day in the Paper & Pens Skill Workshop tent. This September, I'll be teaching workshops at Kirstie Allsopp’s Handmade Fair - this time at Hampton Court in London (14-16 September) and I'd love to see you there!As well as using pretty bits from the garden to make flower arrangments and reverse dyed pillow patches, you can also create lovely artwork by drying and pressing the flowers and leaves. 27 There is a “terrible fight” going on in Kirstie Allsopp’s kitchen. Her two sons, who are 11 and 13, are making a chocolate cake. Allsopp, speaking on the phone, takes a pause to listen out. At least they’re not on screens – she has been trying, and not always succeeding, to implement a no-screens-before-6pm policy. How is that even possible? “Screaming. Threats. I haven’t resorted to physical violence yet,” she says with a laugh. (In 2018, Allsopp became notorious, briefly, for saying she had smashed her children’s iPads because they were spending too long on them.) Sarah Rainey (25 September 2013). "Kirstie Allsopp: 'I don't do things I don't want to succeed in' ". Daily Telegraph. Kirtie’s loo roll owls were certainly cute and easy to make, but why not try turning your cardboard tubes into a fun game for your little ones? 28

I interviewed Allsopp about 15 years ago, and I couldn’t help but like her. She often gets herself into trouble with her pronouncements (that washing machines in the kitchen were “disgusting”, that women should think about putting off going to university to have children earlier), but I admire her willingness to say what she thinks. If she is privileged in the extreme – she is the daughter of Charles Allsopp, the sixth Baron Hindlip, and former chairman of Christie’s – at least she is aware of it. Her late mother, Fiona, an interior designer, was diagnosed with breast cancer when Allsopp was 17, an illness she would live with, on and off, for 25 years until her death in 2014. That shaped Allsopp’s early adulthood, and alongside her experience of being a step-parent “means that I don’t feel like I’m completely lost in my privilege”. Her job, she thinks – making TV shows about people looking for their next home – “also enables me to both relate and be relatable. What my job has given me is something that I would never have had otherwise.” Without spending 20 years seeing how more ordinary people lived, or at least those in a position to buy a house, “I’d have lived in my bubble. It would have been the life of an upper-middle-class country housewife. Who knows? Maybe not. Maybe I’m doing myself an injustice. Maybe I would always have been interested in other people and other people’s lives. I think that going all around the country, seeing houses, it would be good if more members of parliament did what I did.” These crocheted hot air balloons have quite simply stolen our hearts. Perfect for hanging in your kid’s bedroom… or yours too, if you make a few! 4If you’re looking for a small scale project to get you started on your sewing journey, this nifty little pattern is ideal for you 19 There’s nothing quite like being in the comfort of your own home, and that’s why we love Kirstie’s four-seasons cushion idea. We’ve got plenty of plushy delights for you, including this cross-stitch idea 38

We loved Kirstie’s upcycled tin can dog, and we’ve got plenty of dog-themed goodies for you, including our beloved Malcolm, a firm CB favourite! Get the pattern and templates here 16Allsopp is the eldest child and daughter of Charles Allsopp, 6th Baron Hindlip, a former chairman of Christie's, by his marriage to Fiona Victoria Jean Atherley McGowan (1947–2014). [4] [5] She has a younger brother, Henry William (b. 1973), and two younger sisters, Sofie (b. 1980) and Natasha Fiona (b. 1986). [6] Owing to her father's peerage, she is entitled to use the courtesy style The Honourable Kirstie Allsopp. [7] The designer and businesswoman Cath Kidston is her cousin. [8] [9] Celebrities' open letter to Scotland – full text and list of signatories | Politics". theguardian.com. 7 August 2014 . Retrieved 26 August 2014. Kirstie Allsopp: no-nonsense, enthusiastic and exactly as she comes across on TV, The Daily Telegraph, 7 April 2009. What else is keeping Allsopp sane? “I’m not sure I am staying sane,” she says. Watching Call the Midwife is helping (“It just reminds us how hard life was”), as is Friends and Frasier. “Cooking, tidying and our daily walk at the end of the day. Daffodils and Evan Davies. Knowing I have some work to do next week. Mascara.” She says she knows she has much to be grateful for. “There’s no point pretending Covid-19 is a great leveller because – look at me – I’m not on a par with other people, shut up.” She has a big house and garden, she points out, and no financial problems. “Anyone saying we’re all in this together … we’re bloody not. There are people who are shut up who have acute money worries, as well as being in small spaces.” But, mentally, Allsopp is finding it a struggle. “People think I’m quite a robust, gung-ho type of person … that I would be responding really well, but I’m not,” she says. Crepe paper is a wonderful material for making flower shapes because it is so soft and malleable – it has a texture that almost mimics real petals. We’re obsessed with these versions from Amanda Walker. 6

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment