276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Braun Clean and Renew Electric Shaver Cleaning Cartridges, Hygienically Cleans, Removing Residual Hair & Skin Particles, 5+1 Pack, Lemon Fresh

£269.995£539.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And another tip: to give your shaver optimal care, you should put a drop of oil on the cutter block once in a while. First of all, I have to say that I am not sponsored or endorsed in any way by the manufacturers of the refills/solutions in this post. I happen to have a bottle of grain alcohol lying around that I have no use for, so I plan to mix that with the Shaver Shebang.

But trying to stick to the ingredient list of the original solution is definitely a good starting point. An automatic cleaning station is definitely nice to have as it takes complete care of cleaning and lubricating your shaver. I was considering purchasing the CCRRefills based on your review, but I am concerned about the safety of the food grade mineral oil.I got some a months ago, seems to works the same so far, it even smell exactly the same than the Braun. The ingredients are just not readily available and it takes some chemistry knowledge as well to put everything together.

So it`s definitely high time to replace the cutter parts for your shaver to deliver 100% performance again. Unlike the Braun, which I have owned for many years, the Panasonic cleaning station uses a container that you fill to a line with water then you add a sachet of solution. Combined, this ensures your Braun shaver is always ready for action and every shave is as good as your first.For example, rubbing alcohol is used as an antiseptic agent and can be applied to the skin and even on opened wounds. And after analyzing the options on the market, my favorite at the moment is Cleanerist, which has an excellent (and not least, fully described) composition. Some of the comments on this site suggested that isopropyl alcohol might be slightly more likely than ethanol to dissolve the plastic on the shaver, so I have decided to go with ethanol to be on the safe side. Interestingly, Wessper doesn’t explicitly state that their fluid works with automatic cleaning stations.

The CCR REFILLS concentrate contains food-grade mineral oil as a lubricant and it does the job really well.I cleaned my Series 5, 7 and 9 with the CCRREFILLS solution and I’m glad to say that the results are GREAT. The addition of mineral oil didn’t improve the situation, while the Andis 5in1 spray lubricant made the foils a little cooler (thanks a lot for the article about spray lubricants).

In fact isopropyl alcohol is a standard cleaner for electronic maintenance and widely used in many different ways. Remove item from cleaning tank and run under a flowing tap both top and bottom of unit, rinsing off any soap solution and removed dirt, debris and oxidation. I personally use isopropyl alcohol (that’s what I could get at the time) and everything seems fine so far; but given the choice, I think you should opt for ethanol.

It was similar that the head is a little less hot after the Braun solution, but the difference is not so big that it’s clearly felt tactilely. Its not like my old cleaning station where I could put the razor in and start a clean straight away but I can live with this as it is. A) I was aiming for the 9390 or 9385 as finally I thought I can clean by simply rinsing it down with water unlike the older model which I never dared to use water to avoid rust and malfunction. Fill the container with tap water through the small hole, put the plastic cap back on (or cover both openings with the palm of your hand) and shake it vigorously. It took several hours longer than the original solution for almost all of the moisture to evaporate.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment