276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Highlander Collector's Edition 4K [Blu-ray] [2022] [Region A & B & C]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'd liked them removed -from a 4K scan- because I remember one of the producers at the time saying they didn't have the time to finish the post production. The wires looked terrible in the cinema and they still look terrible last I looked. So bad in fact they look like they're meant to be there. The second documentary, ‘A Kind of Magic: Music of the Immortals’, looks at the music of the movie. Though Michael Kamen is featured and presents some lovely anecdotes, film music expert Neil Brand offers some hugely important insights, not least is to highlight the work done by Kamen, who can often be overshadowed and overlooked due to the genius of Queen. In reality, the band and Kamen worked very closely to create a genuinely important film score; one that somehow is yet to be released in its entirety. ‘Capturing Immortality’ is an interview with photographer David James, and offers a glimpse into a feature of films that is often overlooked: the world of the stills photographer. It’s diverting and interesting, and manages to offer a few unique stories, but is very much a niche extra. It’s easy to see why it became a cult classic because although it didn’t really receive the best box office on original release, Europe took it on and loved it while the USA caught up later once it came out on VHS, that’s the old DVD’s kids. Certain elements have dated enormously but there is perfection here with utterly phenomenal scene transitions that effortlessly move us between scenes of the distant past and 1985 New York, I actually struggle to understand how they were achieved considering the changes in tech from then to now. Absolutely amazing. 4K picture quality is far better than any blu ray release I've seen. Some people don't like the artwork on the steelbook but I love it. Highlander is one of my all-time favourite films and so when I was offered the chance to not only review the 4K version of the film, but to also get my hands on the collectors edition, I literally jumped at the chance.

Bookmarked this to watch on Netflix as its just appeared but think I will wait for a better version. I was waiting patiently for this title to be transferred to 4K and I was disappointed with the results.Stephen has turned in his thoughts on Gaspar Noe’s intriguing and doubly-experimental Lux Aeterna (2019) on Blu-ray from Yellow Veil Pictures via Vinegar Syndrome. The steelbook itself is fantastic with some wonderful artwork from Matt Ferguson, the actual 4k presentation is brilliant and the sound, although it's not Atmos or DTS:X is still great.

I'm not expecting a George Lucas styled intervention just fix what they didn't have time to fix in that one scene. Studiocanal is thrilled to announce that the Highlander 4K Collector's Edition will be released on October 31.

The sparks from their swords is a little distracting, that wouldn't happen. I wonder who decided that would be a good idea? Obviously someone who has ever fenced. This was my first visit into the world of Highlander and while I felt it’s one of those films that everyone has heard about, unless you grew up in a certain era, it was more doubtful whether you’ve seen it. I had a faint recollection of the movie through older siblings and so to mark the 30 th Anniversary of Russell Mulcahy‘s cult favourite, I entered the all-new 4k restoration for the Blu-ray and DVD release.

For the very first time I got the subtle hint that the lady who was Nash's secretary was also the little girl he saved in WWII. In fact, I had forgotten all about that scene of him in WWII, but I am a forgetful person. The physical contents of the collectors edition are amazing – the badges, poster, comic, artwork and book are great collectors items and the content on the discs are worth the price of the set on it’s own. There are lots of new material to watch on the discs, not to mention watching the movie itself in 4K. I didn't mind Queen when I Highlander was a new film, but eventually realized how needy their songs are "Somebody to Love", "My Best Friend" IIRC StudionCanal (or Canal+ Image as they were known then) had nothing to do with wire removal around 2000 and that was just some lo-fi DVD releases in the USA.Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery star in 1986 cult classic HIGHLANDER. He fought his first battle on the Scottish Highlands in 1536. He will fight his greatest battle on the streets of New York city in 1986. His name is Connor MacLeod. He is immortal. After surviving a wound that should have killed him during a clan battle in the Scottish Highlands in 1536, Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) is banished from his village. A certified ‘80s cult classic, the film was directed by Russell Mulcahy ( Swimming Upstream, The Real McCoy) and stars Christopher Lambert ( Mortal Combat, Fortress), Sean Connery ( James Bond), Clancy Brown ( The Shawshank Redemption, Starship Troopers) and Roxanne Hart. First up, I’ve given Tom Lowe immersive and mesmerizing native 4K documentary Awaken a look on Ultra HD from our friends at Gunpowder & Sky and DUST, via Vinegar Syndrome. Think Samsara and Baraka and you’re in the fight ballpark. The film is really gorgeous and it’s a nice 4K release, so do give it a look if you’re interested. Highlander tells the time-travelling tale of an age-old battle between immortal warriors and is basically completely bonkers but, having said that, also has a bizarrely unique edge that makes it unlike most things you would have seen. It stars French actor Christopher Lambert (who reminds me of Ghostbusters II Wilhelm Von Homburg – Vigo) as Scottish clansman Connor MacLeod and Sean Connery as Spanish/Egyptian Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez, complete with his Scottish accent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment