276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maggie's Tree

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Moscow International Film Festival (2006)". moscowfilmfestival.ru. Archived from the original on 21 April 2013 . Retrieved 21 April 2013. Walters, Julie (2008). That's Another Story: The Autobiography. Orion Publishing Co. p.1. ISBN 978-0-297-85206-3.

Walters has won eight BAFTAs, six competitive awards plus two honorary awards. The first honorary award was a special BAFTA that she received at a tribute evening in 2003, before receiving the BAFTA Fellowship in 2014. [67] Julie Walters remembers her nursing career: 'I used to fall in love with the male patients' ". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 11 February 2017 . Retrieved 30 October 2020. Saner, Emine (13 October 2006). "It was like being videoed making love". The Guardian. London, UK . Retrieved 3 April 2010. Walters has been nominated for two Academy Awards in both acting categories—once for Best Actress and once for Best Supporting Actress. She was honoured with the BAFTA Fellowship for lifetime achievement in 2014. She was made a Dame (DBE) by Queen Elizabeth II in 2017 for services to drama. Lodge, Guy (26 October 2017). "Film Review: 'Paddington 2' ". Variety. Archived from the original on 26 October 2017 . Retrieved 27 October 2017.

Walters, Julie (2008). That's Another Story: The Autobiography. Orion Publishing Co. p.100. ISBN 978-0-297-85206-3. Is she worried about how it will be received? "Nobody wants to be criticised, so it's partly that and partly because I don't know where it has come from. I don't know what it is. With acting, it's like I want to reach everybody with it, but I didn't have any of those feelings with the book. It just felt like it was between me and [her editor] Alan Samson. When he first told me that someone else had read it, I was absolutely stunned. It was like someone had videoed us making love. It felt almost as intimate. [Writing] comes from the subconscious and that makes you feel exposed."

Julie Walters Pulls Out Of Channel 4 Drama 'Truelove' Due To Ill Health, Replaced By Lindsay Duncan". Deadline. 28 February 2023 . Retrieved 2 March 2023. After studying at Manchester Poly, she was absorbed into a group of actors and writers in Liverpool, including Alan Bleasdale, Willy Russell and Victoria Wood. Then came Educating Rita - first the play, then the film that would bring her an Oscar nomination. Offers from Hollywood came, but Walters never wanted to move to LA. "I'm not right for it. It's about glamour, and that's just superficial."Farber, Alex (1 March 2023). "Julie Walters pulls out of Channel 4 drama Truelove due to ill health". The Times . Retrieved 11 March 2023. Cast confirmed for BBC Two's cycle of Shakespeare films" (Press release). BBC Drama Publicity. 24 November 2011. Archived from the original on 1 January 2012 . Retrieved 20 July 2012.

In 1993, Walters starred in the television film Wide-Eyed and Legless (known as The Wedding Gift outside the UK) alongside Jim Broadbent and Thora Hird. The film was based on the book by the author Deric Longden and tells the story of the final years of his marriage to his wife, Diana, who contracted a degenerative illness that medical officials were unable to understand at the time, though now believed to be a form of chronic fatigue syndrome or myalgic encephalomyelitis. In 2014, Walters portrayed Mrs. Bird, the Browns' housekeeper, in the critically acclaimed Paddington (2014). [37] Walters reprised her role for the sequel, Paddington 2 (2017), which has also received universal acclaim. [38] [39] Upon the 2014 release of Paddington, Walters designed a "Primrose"-themed Paddington Bear statue, which was located in Primrose Hill (one of 50 placed around London), with the statues auctioned to raise funds for the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). [40] Walters is 56, but says she's not worried about getting older. Maybe it's because she has had most of her career to get used to it: the characters she has played, such as Mrs Overall in Acorn Antiques, have often been decades older than she was. "It's a good time after the menopause, once the flushes stop and things settle. I've got more energy and things start fitting into place, emotionally." TV tonight: the Abominable Snow Baby is the Christmas telly we deserve". The Guardian. 25 December 2021 . Retrieved 13 November 2022.Walters played the part of Cynthia Coffin in the ten-part British drama serial Indian Summers aired on Channel 4 in 2015. In 2015, she appeared in the romantic drama film Brooklyn, a film that was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture. Her performance in the film earned her a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment