276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Killer

£2.495£4.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to an NPR radio interview with Alice Cooper, "Desperado" was written about Robert Vaughn's character from the movie The Magnificent Seven (1960). Dunaway’s zooming basslines, Smith drops in on a dime every time and Buxton burns down on a stuck riff much like he did previously at the end of “Ballad Of Dwight Fry” only here it’s even more of an ear-ringing, circular op-art pattern AND threatens to go on for even longer, if you can believe it.

Here, the notorious “Dead Babies” and title track, “Killer” comprise the dark, two-part epic that live resulted in a) Alice chopping apart baby dolls and b) the ritual hanging of Alice himself. Punk icons Jello Biafra and the Melvins covered the song "Halo of Flies" on their 2005 release Sieg Howdy! Desperado", along with "Under My Wheels" and "Be My Lover" have appeared on different compilation albums by Cooper. With tribal tom-tom drums and near-backwards soaring guitar lines, “Killer” emerges from a courtroom argument that ends the “Dead Babies” descending guitar sick-out like a tattered zombie slumping through a late night mist. on the Billboard 200 album chart, and the two singles " Under My Wheels" and " Be My Lover" made the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Disc 1 is the original album remastered and it sounds wonderful,every track a classic,who hasnt raised a fist in the, air head bangin to 'Under My Wheels',a garage rock classic as is the next track 'Be My Lover' before 'Halo Of Flies' ups the ante,Honestly this album is outstanding, 'Desperado ' slinks out of the speakers all dark and moody while 'Dead Babies revels in its shock tactics (misunderstood by most critics . Live album sounds good not great, but is from such a magical period for the band I’ll take what I can get. The collection also gives fans an unreleased live recording of the band’s performance at Mar Y Sol Pop Festival in Puerto Rico on April 2, 1972.

According to an NPR radio interview with Alice Cooper, “Desperado” was written about Robert Vaughn’s character from the movie The Magnificent Seven. The band played most of Killer during the concert, including “You Drive Me Nervous,” “Under My Wheels,” and “Halo Of Flies. The Coopers first wrote one of the four-odd segments that comprise this headful epic whilst tripping out in the middle of the Arizona desert on mushrooms back in 1966, so no wonder it’s a rollercoaster ride to sweet oblivion if there ever was one; informed as it is by arid wasteland visions colourfully revealed in a disjointed, labyrinthine maze. Is this why the calendar was demoted to a small slot hidden in the internal booklet and not in prominence where it belongs?Non-personalized content and ads are influenced by things like the content you’re currently viewing and your location (ad serving is based on general location). He explained that "it brings all the elements of the band's approach to sound and texture to a totally integrated pinnacle that fulfills all the promise of their erratic first two albums" and that "each song on [the] album finds him in a different role in the endless movie he is projecting on them.

First official release of a live set by the Alice Cooper band since the 2001's release of the deluxe edition of "Billion Dollar Babies", but certainly been worth the wait. Bob Ezrin produced all four of Alice Cooper’s platinum albums from the 1970s, including KILLER and SCHOOL’S OUT. Through five songs and three epics, the Coopers came on nothing but strong with their band chemistry at an all-time high totally reckless, arrogant and caterwailin’ ‘bout nuthin’ and everything in particular and with a one-two-three: the album lays you out punch after punch without missing a beat or a single gory detail as they boiled the whole sucker down to eight terse and tense titles as though all the dark, seeping oils which had been pressed underground in their souls for so long had now been pushed upward from the core, mantle and through the crust of planet rock’n’roll to reveal diamonds of rock hard, unbreakable intensity just as multi-faceted.Vinyl pressings are so good these days that it's like listening to the clarity of CDs but with the warmth of analogue. Disc 2 a decent audio for a rough and ready gig from Puerto Rico,the entire Killer album apart 'Desperado' plus 3 from 'Love It To Death'. Halo of Flies” was, according to Cooper’s liner notes in the compilation The Definitive Alice Cooper, an attempt by the band to prove that they could perform King Crimson-like progressive rock suites, and was supposedly about a SMERSH-like organisation. Tellingly, the last lyric in the song is “you never will understand” and by this point if you’re still trying to comprehend the lyrics you’re trying too hard because the point of Alice Cooper’s best albums are just to suspend disbelief and go along quietly and no one will get hurt (Except Alice, but he’s the professional here.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment