276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wimberley Plamp II PP-200

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Your problem is that you're too far from civilization. If you were in the Detroit area, you could pop into one of dozens of Grainger, McMaster Carr, or Production Tool locations to play with the Loc-Line, try before you buy. I experimented with one straw length and two straw lengths and what I found was that I could wind the pair of pipe cleaners around the lens and angle it so that it was not in the shot to hold the straw out straight and then if I was taking a picture of a flower then wind the other end cleaner around the stem or somesuch. A helping hand is a cheap little holding tool used in soldering that you can buy from any DIY or electronics hobbyist shop.

Wimberley Professional Photo Gear - The Plamp II - Tripod Head Wimberley Professional Photo Gear - The Plamp II - Tripod Head

Some helping hands also have a magnifying glass or soldering iron holder, but you can usually disassemble the things to remove the bits you don't need. Any review of the Wimberley Plamp should include its weaknesses too and I only know of two shortcomings. The first weakness is that the plamp is quite stiff when you first get one. This makes it challenging to make very minute changes in its exact position. Plamp by adding extra links to its arm with one of the Plamp Extensions. The trade-off to adding extra length to your Secondly, like anything else made of plastic, it does have a useful life span that will be shorter than something made of metal. Your Plamp will loosen up after many uses. How much of a problem is this for you? That depends on how frequently you use it. My plamp is still stiff as a board. If you use yours a couple of hundred time, yes, it may loosen up to the point where you'll have to get a replacement. You can bend it in an infinite number of ways to fit it to the exact photographic situation you are in. There's also a version of it called the Wemberly Ground Plamp.It's just one of those things, you'll need to have some widget or tool to hold up your diffusion or reflector in the field but there is a dearth of dedicated product for this purpose out on the market.

Support your flash, diffuser and more with an extreme macro

I've used it this way more than once to see what I was doing while fixing a drain pipe under the kitchen sink. Designed for full-frame sensors, this manual-focus optic offers a true-macro magnification ratio of 1:1 and a bright f/2.8 aperture. Available in all major camera mounts, the 100mm f/2.8 ED UMC Macro has a 15-element, 12-group construction that features high refractive and extra-low-dispersion elements for premium image quality at a price that won’t break the bank. It was designed specifically for macro photography and I wanted a lightweight tool, easy to carry, and effective at helping me concentrate to taking great photos.

Have any friends who like to shoot macro too? If so, please share this review of the Wimberley Plamp II Macro Clamp with a friend or on your blog. The segmented arm of your Plamp is approximately 19" long. If you do not need all this length, we encourage you to shorten your Plamp. To shorten the arm, bend the arm sharply until it snaps in two (do not worry, you will not hurt the Plamp), remove a length and reconnect the pieces. Apply pressure to the sides of the green clamp at the end of the arm. This will open the jaws of the clam. Slide the stem or leaf of your subject between the clamp's jaws, let go.To grasp a particularly delicate plant leaf or flower petal you can make the jaws of the Plamp softer and flatter by inserting a folded piece of heavy paper betwee the jaws of the clamp. If you are having a hard time positioning the Plamp so that the green clamp is not in the picture frame you may want to wrap a loop of grass around your subject to steady it. Alternatively, you may want to use a forked branch or twig with a bud to prop up your subject. You can also use a selection of household items such as rubber bands, string, pipe cleaners and twist ties instead of grass and twigs. The Wimberley Plamp is a very useful tool that always travels with me in the field. I use the Plamp to hold a subject like a flower while I photograph it, steady a subject in the wind, and even hold a card to shade my lens to eliminate flare. It works like a third hand.”

Wimberley Gimbal Tripod Heads And Plates | Park Cameras Wimberley Gimbal Tripod Heads And Plates | Park Cameras

Yes, it has a bit of a weird name, but it's a product that works really well. I have a couple: they hold up my diffusion inside in the studio and they keep windblown grass still when I'm working outside. It's a very light plastic build, weighing in at a scant 7.9 ounces, which is about the same as an adult Syrian hamster, and stretches to 23 inches long. With individually adjustable reflectors and a clip-on diffuser, this shoot-through ring flash allows you to take total control of the lighting in your macro images. It can be attached to the front of virtually any lens with one of the six filter thread adaptors that come in-box. This flash could also be used for portrait photography, where it gives subjects’ eyes distinctive and attractive donut-shaped catchlights. TTL-compatible and with a modelling light built in, this fully featured device can turn a great macro image into a stunning one. If you need more reach (e.g. if you are using a 180mm or 200mm macro lens), you have three options. The first option is to attach the a meme word referring to the vibes of a DJ livestream ascertaining to the presence of PLants + lava lAMPs, a noticeable recurring theme for online DJ sets.

If you’re looking for a truly budget way to enter the world of macro photography, look no further. Available in a wide variety of filter thread sizes and mount fits, this simple metal ring allows you to reverse-attach any optic with a matching thread size to your camera’s body. I consider the Plamp to be a necessary piece of equipment for serious wildflower photographers and recommend it highly. I am adding it to the equipment list on all the workshops I conduct where wildflower photography is anticipated." This is a review of the Wimberley Plamp II Macro Clamp. It's a rather curious looking camera accessory and you're probably wondering how in the world you would use one. Simply put, it's acts like you have a third hand available to do your photography.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment