276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HUION KAMVAS Pro 16 Drawing Tablet with Screen, Full-Laminated Graphics Drawing Monitor, Pen Display with Battery-Free Stylus Tilt 6 Express Keys Touch Bar, 15.6 inch

£209.5£419.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are a few things that still slightly underperform against the well-established tablet manufacturer, but the Kamvas Pro 16 has more advantages than disadvantages over its closest market rival, the Wacom Cintiq 16. Personally, I prefer the springy pen nibs since it feels like I can control my line thickness more precisely, but it’s very subjective.

The cable is ~142cm from the USB type-C to the 3-way split, then ~37cm from the 3-way split to the USB type-A and HDMI. The only other places where I noticed that the pen calibration was off was in the absolute corners of the screen, and in a ~0. Although there are 10 replacement nibs, I have yet to see any wearing on my first one after roughly 2 weeks of use. For my pen tests, I always start out with a few pen pressure scribbles to see if I can do some nice squiggly lines with increasing pen pressure.

It hasn’t happened to me, but it seems completely possible that people will accidentally press the power button when going to press the very top shortcut button. The tablet feels sturdy when performing a twist test, where I grab both sides of the tablet and try twisting the tablet a bit with just my hands. The glass is thin enough on this tablet that it almost feels like you’re drawing directly where you point your pen. Thank you for everything, in the end assessing everything I have decided to go on insurance with wacom.

One of the most important features of the new Kamvas Pro tablets is the use of fully-laminated displays which combines the glass with the screen, effectively reducing the thickness of the glass between the pen and cursor.This new pen calibration which takes pen tilt into account is actually really nice since the cursor always stays under the pen nib even when using the pen from a different angle than usual. As I noted before, there is a slight issue with the pen calibration being very slightly off on the bottom 1/5th of the screen. Having used an old Wacom 12" Cintiq for years, with it's clunky psu, junction box and leads, this is much nicer. Because of this, I have been using it fairly often over the last 3 months and it has shown no signs of durability issues or wearing, so I can’t imagine it breaking anytime soon.

This means that the Huion Kamvas Pro 16 certainly lives up to its name of being a “Pro” tool in terms of its colour capabilities.There's the warranty card, driver download location card, manual, thank you card, stand deployment instructions and a sheet of stickers. With Huion’s tablets, their pen calibration doesn’t account for pen tilt/direction as well as Wacom’s, but they’ve started including it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment