276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anxiety Rx: A New Prescription for Anxiety Relief from the Doctor Who Created It

£7.265£14.53Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My dad has always lovingly helped me with my own anxiety and I have learned more about relieving it from him than from any other means bar none.

After years of trying different therapies for his crippling anxiety without success, Dr Russell Kennedy had an epiphany: anxiety does not start in the brain. Integration of the self—your inner child and adult self—by embracing its fractured parts and directing compassion towards it. I have degrees and advanced training in medicine, neuroscience, and developmental psychology, but much of what I’ll share with you came out of my experiences in very unscientific places. I’ve gone from being a hapless victim of my anxiety, never knowing when it would end, to having a path that helps me every single time anxiety comes up. It presses on the idea that everything is perception and we can alter our perceptions through faith and gratitude.

Russ offers techniques not only for our thinking minds, but for our feeling bodies, changing not just our mindset, but our “body-set. All in all, if you struggle with anxiety, I think you will probably benefit from reading this, as I have, but be prepared for a long read and a lot of eye rolling along the way. Russell has really gone down the rabbit hole to understand at a variety of levels how we normally think and feel with our bodies and our minds. But learning to understand it and use it for the better is an option and that’s what this book focuses on.

In the millisecond after the body feels the alarm, the mind scrolls through the rolodex of potential fears to justify the panicked feeling.

It is quite logical, not just focusing on the problem, gives possible solution, but I am not sure if it works yet. Realizing my anxiety is the concern of my younger self asking if everything is gonna be alright is a treasured gift for which I am truly grateful and will take with me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment