276°
Posted 20 hours ago

G-works Butane nozzle Convert between nozzle type to screw type gas canister Butane Adapter (2018 Version)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But if I invert the recharged canister and plug it into an inverted canister stove, like the Kovea Spider, which burns unvaporized liquid fuel, I can get another 20-30 minutes of burn time from the canister until it’s completely empty. I’ve seen this happen before with canister stoves when the fuel component inside the canister that is responsible for vaporization in an upright stove burns off (propane) leaving the liquid component (isobutane) behind. Use with Inverted Canister Stoves I make a disclaimer now. You must remember that these connections effect a gas seal with the o ring fitted in the female fittings, so you must ensure that you don't compromise this seal by damaging either the o ring or the blue plastic clamping mechanism. Below is how I did it....

As to why the inverted canister stoves will work at colder temps as the liquid fuel flows into the stove at outside pressure and is ignited. This process uses the fuels FLASH POINT temps, or the temp that a fuel will burn at once it is ignited, like with a match. Which are: Good question. It’s hard to know exactly what kind of gas is being transferred from one canister to another since different canister manufacturers mix butane, isobutane, and propane in different combinations to improve cold-weather performance. Things get even more uncertain when you mix one manufacturer’s fuel into another. Do the constituent components stay “mixed” or do they separate when transferred using gravity. For example, would the heaviest fuel component drain from the top canister into the bottom canister first before the lighter components? That’s why the G-Works Gas Savercaught my eye. It’s a two-way isobutane canister adapter that lets you transfer the gas from one isobutane canister to another so you can refill partially used or empty canisters.

Use with Inverted Canister Stoves

While making your choice, it’s crucial to consider factors like compatibility, material quality, and safety certifications to ensure you’re making a well-informed decision. In case of uncertainties, manufacturer guidelines and expert advice can be invaluable resources. You can also raise the pressure inside the upper canister, by raising its temperature. For example, plunge the upper canister into a bowl of hot water for a few minutes before attaching it to the Gas Saver. This is useful to speed things up and when the bottom canister has more gas in it than an upper, mostly drained canister. The actual speed of the transfer depends on the amount of the pressure gradient, but figure about 15-20 minutes to fill a small empty canister from a large, mostly full canister. The process is not terribly fast. What follows is not a recommendation. Three Points of the Compass is only commenting on what there is out there, products that some people have used and others do not. Products that seemingly no stove manufacturer other than those in Japan and Kovea countenance. THERMAREST & MSR: Sale! 30% Off all MSR Tents and Thermarest Sleeping Bags including the award-winning Parsec 0! Next you need to cut a slot in the plunger to allow the gas to escape around the plunger. I used a jewelers saw.

Barisdale estate bothy. Scottish Highlands. A small selection of abandoned yet full, bright blue, Campingaz canisters sit on the shelf The G-Works Gas Saverplugs into gas canisters using what’s called a Lindal valve. This is a standard canister attachment system that is used universally on canister stoves (in the US, but not Europe) to ensure that canisters from different manufacturers can interoperate with other manufacturers’ stoves. For example, it’s the reason you can use Jetboil, MSR, or Primus isobutane fuel canisters with a Snow Peak canister stove. Finally, the stove set up (e.g. stove model, windshield, heat reflector, heat exchangers on the pots) is a much bigger factor than the canister type.This guide gives a simple explanation of the different types of camping gas available, which one you need for your camping stove and where you can find them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment