276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales (Peter Rabbit)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Through this book I met a score of other delightful animal characters and was re-introduced to a few stories I've known for many years but did not kn0w came from Potter's pen. Scott followed along well but definitely didn’t grasp 100% of each story, which I’m not sad about because that just means we’ll need to read it again next year and maybe the year after that too. The stories inside are: The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin, The Tailor of Gloucester, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of Two Bad Mice, The Tale of Mrs.

It was also interesting to see what was considered appropriate for children in the early 1900s compared to today. Some of the endings are a bit twee or abrupt, some of them don't seem to have any point at all (like the one about Pig Robinson), and some are just plain boring (like sadly almost any story with a cat in it). Whenever he's in the car I would ask him whether he likes to listen to music or story and his reply has always been "rabbit story".Beatrix Potter é uma autora muito conhecida por seus livros infantis com contos utilizando animais como seus personagens principais, sendo o mais conhecido o Pedrito Coelho (Peter Rabbit). I have to say these stories are nothing great, and that there must be more interesting tales out there for the very young. From her first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, published by Frederick Warne in 1902, she went on to create a series of stories based around animal characters including Mrs. We who are older can remember when the stories were read to us and how scared we felt when Peter went under the fence.

This edition includes a section at the end that contains four additional works by Beatrix Potter that were not published in her lifetime. In her thirties, Potter published the highly successful children's book The Tale of Peter Rabbit and became secretly engaged to her publisher, Norman Warne, causing a breach with her parents, who disapproved of his social status. Would you consider the audio edition of Beatrix Potter: The Complete Tales to be better than the print version?A special section at the end of this volume contains 19 audiobooks from the Great Big Treasury of Beatrix Potter with their dramatic readings! The 23 tales in this set have never lost their popularity and sell in their millions all over the world. A perfect gift to introduce children to the world of Beatrix Potter, The Complete Tales is a timeless and classic essential for any nursery shelf. Could Audible and/or the publisher please label the different tales by their names rather than as chapter 1,2,3 etc?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment