276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spirit: Lucky's Big Adventure (Nintendo Switch)

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Power Of Two: One of the main features of Spirit of the Island is a 2-player cooperative mode, where you can do… everything together! Build a farm, grow crops and make delicious dishes, build a store and sell your produce to tourists, explore the vast Archipelago to find treasure, and discover the secrets of the tropical paradise! So invite your friend and start your coop journey right now!

Spiritfarer - Metacritic Spiritfarer - Metacritic

Spirit of the North is a single-player 3rd-person adventure game inspired by the breathtaking and mysterious landscapes of Iceland. Each tourist will have a chance to love your Island so much that they’ll decide to stay, adding to the Town’s population. This part is crucial since you can hire them to do various things for you, such as tending to your shops and helping you maintain the Island. So do your best to make their trip a fantastic one!

The Spiritfarer® Farewell Edition** is the definitive edition of the award-winning cozy management game about dying. It brings together the base game beloved by over 1 million players, and all the additional content released to date. See why critics called Spiritfarer one of the Best Games of 2020. Since this review was written, a patch has been released which fixes the issues of slowdown we experienced during our time with the game. The text and review score have therefore been adjusted accordingly. This is where Spirit Hunter: NG is firmly rooted in Japanese horror tradition. In contrast to western horror which invariably focuses on an explicitly and inherently evil being mercilessly killing people in the bloodiest fashion possible, Japanese horror portrays the antagonist in a more sympathetic and ambiguous tone. Spirits have typically suffered some kind of horrible trauma or experience before their death, resulting in an unsolved grudge which doesn’t disappear, forcing them to relive their pain as a spirit after death. People grow to understand and relate with the spirit, wanting to relieve them from their pain, rather than simply seeing them as an evil to be defeated. Spirit Hunter: NG firmly follows this tradition with its own antagonists, and understanding the spirits you encounter is essential to overcoming them and freeing them from their suffering. Play as Stella, ferrymaster to the deceased, a Spiritfarer. Build a boat to explore the world, then befriend and care for spirits before finally releasing them into the afterlife. This level of accessibility stretches beyond the core content, too, as the controls are also well thought out. The game provides control hints as you explore, telling you when you can climb, release, enter, or otherwise interact with an object in a way that is clearly visible but not too intrusive. You also have the option to ‘crouch’, which sees the mouse crawl at a much slower pace, offering higher control which is very welcome when skittering along narrow ledges or skirting high-up platforms.

Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site Spiritfarer for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

But it has bugs and one of them is that the text sometimes does not fit on the screen (goes out of bounds) because the game forgets the screen is 540p and not higher. When it comes to visuals, The Spirit and the Mouse is honestly gorgeous. While our sweet little mouse herself can seem a little stiff in her animations at times, the environments are beautifully crafted, with many of the highly detailed settings genuinely forcing me to stop and take a look around. For me, Corpse Party was compelling but went too far with the gore and had a generally misanthropic world-view that made the story somewhat depressing to experience. When it’s time to relax, customize your style with outfits and items you’ve found on your adventures, or head to the Miradero stables to groom and hug Spirit. The stronger your bond grows, the further Spirit can trek across the great frontier. Will you find – and protect – the real treasure of Miradero? Performance-wise, this little gem works a treat. Controls feel responsive and snappy, I personally encountered no bugs on my full playthrough, and I experienced little to no stuttering, even on my high refresh rate monitor (which often makes Switch games a little funky). The lighting is clearly quite taxing and can sometimes jitter around objects a little, but that’s such a minor complaint when you’re looking at such stunning scenes.Spirit of the Island features 10 unique skills, such as farming, mining, foraging, social, and even fishing, which comes as its own special mini-game. Will you become a true master of all? Build a farm, grow crops and make delicious dishes, build a store and sell your produce to tourists, explore the vast Archipelago to find treasure, and discover the secrets of the tropical paradise! So invite your friend and start your coop journey right now!

Spirit of the North | Nintendo Switch games | Games | Nintendo Spirit of the North | Nintendo Switch games | Games | Nintendo

Play online, access classic NES™ and Super NES™ games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership. One of the main features of Spirit of the Island is a 2-player cooperative mode, where you can do… everything together! Spiritfarer is soulless bilge posing to be "wholesome" or "spiritual". Unlikable characters. For a relaxed game, controls feel so janky, too. Characters are so obnoxious. They all seem to be happy about their odd lives, even though there's nothing human (they look like animals i kno) about them. Play online, enjoy a growing library of classic NES & Super NES games, and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership. Find out more.

Latest Reviews

These stealth sections felt completely out of place, but hey, I’ll take anything to spice the gameplay up a bit. Yeah, there's no reason whatsoever for a visual novel with mostly static illustrations to suffer from any kind of slowdown. It’s a thrilling and adventurous life in the country. Ride across the five different regions around Miradero, discovering items to collect, hidden paths, and animals – both friendly and dangerous. Help the townsfolk by taking on jobs like express deliveries and animal rescues. Use your camera to capture the beauty of the landscape, and ride Spirit to victory in exciting horse races. Spirit Hunter: NG itself is a really great game steeped in the traditions of Japanese horror, with a creepy plot and likeable and intriguing characters. It is dark and brutal, yet never needlessly so, and the horror always plays out in the context of infusing its antagonists with real depth and relatability.

Spirit of the Island On Nintendo Switch Adventure Awaits In Spirit of the Island On Nintendo Switch

One of the unique features of Spirit of the Island is events — a series of recurring occurrences happening through each in-game year (4 months). Visual (10/10): I'm a big fan of 2D graphics and it's really fantastic here. Great colorful scenes with day-night changes, big smooth world and great art for heroes. I also like the fact how on scenes were combined different colors, so its not one big spot of rainbow, my eyes were relaxing while watching the graphics, thank you designers!PID Games, META Publishing and 1M Bits Horde have confirmed a release date for Spirit of the Island on Nintendo Switch. Your Journey To A Tourist Paradise: Make your island not only a welcoming home but also a booming tourist paradise, with fancy shops and landmarks. The more tourists you get, the better your economy will be, which is a crucial step to fund your journeys to the faraway Islands. But how do you please them all, and what do you sell in your stores? That’s where your skills will come in handy! I consider it another plus point that publisher Outright Games is a relatively recently established company, unlike multiple German games publishers who dabble in horse games and have simply been producing the same mediocre crap for two decades. That the development is in the hands of an otherwise independent studio instead of a pure work-for-hire company speaks for the project’s potential as well. Ultimately, I can only review what I have in front of me and feel I would be doing a disservice to our readers to overlook the issues. I think my recommendation to play what is otherwise a great game elsewhere is fair. I have re-tested the game using the latest patch, and the slowdown issues appear to be resolved. The content of this review has been updated to reflect this, as has the review score, and the comments made regarding slowdown have been retracted in light of this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment